Trump promised to save Coal so we voted for him

popnfresh

Cuddle Bitch
Nov 4, 2001
1/4 life crisis
How's that working out for you Appalachia? :rofl:

8000 jobs lost permanently in 2020
5 Coal Mine company bankruptcies
Peabody Energy (one of the largest in the world) "substantial doubt" about its ability to stay in business.
Total production fell to the lowest level since 1978
Literally everything else is more competitive, esp natural gas and this is going to get worse
Trade war with China extra fucked them, thanks Trump

ZERO fault from environmental regulations those goddamn liberals, get fucked

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
Its funny driving through West Virginia and seeing signs like "technology corridor" and there is 0 companies on the whole stretch only a few federal buildings. Coal is done and is never coming back in a meaningful way.

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
How many business have closed down because of the pandemic? Coal is dying but to blame the lost jobs all on trump is dumb.

jelloslug

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Greenville, SC
How's that working out for you Appalachia? :rofl:

8000 jobs lost permanently in 2020
5 Coal Mine company bankruptcies
Peabody Energy (one of the largest in the world) "substantial doubt" about its ability to stay in business.
Total production fell to the lowest level since 1978
Literally everything else is more competitive, esp natural gas and this is going to get worse
Trade war with China extra fucked them, thanks Trump

ZERO fault from environmental regulations those goddamn liberals, get fucked
The best part is that the downfall of coal was never because of environmental regulations.

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
Its funny driving through West Virginia and seeing signs like "technology corridor" and there is 0 companies on the whole stretch only a few federal buildings. Coal is done and is never coming back in a meaningful way.

they learning to code on the corridor?

• Haha
Reactions: whatever

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
How many business have closed down because of the pandemic? Coal is dying but to blame the lost jobs all on trump is dumb.

Trumpkin logic is the fucking best

Let’s remember that 1) the pandemic is a liberal hoax and 2) West Virginia was right to stick with Trump and keep businesses open despite climbing death counts but 3) the pandemic is killing businesses and coal jobs anyway even though 4) Trump has nothing to do with the pandemic or coal jobs

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor