TECH Trusted app to remote-manage W10 Home machines?

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Guys, per the subject line... Windows Remote Desktop not a thing in W10 home... those of you who manage your families' machines (that probably have W10 Home) how do you do it? Is there an app you trust?

If it helps, I can VPN into the remote LAN.

IBBonzaiBuddy

veggie quesadilla

🌮: 4, 11, 18, 25
OT Supporter
Aug 6, 2010
I used to provide computer janitorial services for free for my grandma via Team Viewer, but one day Team Viewer decided that I was using it for "commercial purposes" and blocked my ass until I was willing to pay. I legit had only ever connected to 2 people. So I'm kinda bitter about that, but also it's nbd coz it just means my brother gets to handle it all now. lol

Anyway, my here point is: try to have a backup plan in case they decide to pull some shit with you.

FlyNReeLow

Elite Member #200
Mar 14, 2000
Central Coast, CALI
I used to provide computer janitorial services for free for my grandma via Team Viewer, but one day Team Viewer decided that I was using it for "commercial purposes" and blocked my ass until I was willing to pay. I legit had only ever connected to 2 people. So I'm kinda bitter about that, but also it's nbd coz it just means my brother gets to handle it all now. lol

Anyway, my here point is: try to have a backup plan in case they decide to pull some shit with you.

you must have used the free service more than 100 times in a year.

Reactions: veggie quesadilla

Riot

the internet was a mistake
OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Sno Cal
teamviewer until it randomly decides youre using it commercially and blocks you, then move to anydesk

or just save yourself the headache and go straight to anydesk

KarlStyles

Straight, No Chaser.
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
WA

Yep, I got that too for connecting to another PC on my home network too much. I use AnyDesk now.

Reactions: veggie quesadilla

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Yep, I got that too for connecting to another PC on my home network too much. I use AnyDesk now.
Lol yes this happened to me last week. I only ever use TV when I'm checking my desktop from my phone to see if my torrents are done.

:ughj:

TS
TS
JaimeZX

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
Teamviewer working okay, except shit disconnects me if I try to transfer a large file between computers. Otherwise, so far, it's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman