ART Trying the 'minimalist' approach

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
I know... not my style. :mamoru:

But on Thursday I have a family shoot I'm doing for a friend. I've decided I'm taking the D700 w/ the 50 on it and nothing else. Should be fun and interesting. Stay tuned...

TS
TS
Girth

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
i do it all the time. i just bring one lens, my trusty 85 1.4

I always like to overdo things, so I'm just going to try this and see how I like it. Should be a challenge to set up my composition and the shot w/ out the help of a zoom lens. I can't imagine how tight of a field of view it would be w/ the 85, but I'm sure I'll find out one day. :bigthumb:

1992 240SX

Jan 10, 2004
Long Beach, CA
It happens. Sometimes when I gotta go to class and I feel like taking my camera I just put either the 85 1.8 or 50 1.8 and walk out...I can't be carrying my crap all day. Now with a jacket I'll stuff my SB800 in there too but not usually.

TS
TS
Girth

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
i might have to try one. 85 is a bit too long to carry indoors

The new one came out and "seems" to have better IQ, but $400 for a 50mm just seems a little steep IMO. I loves my 50. Its loud, it sounds like its breaking when it focuses, and its tiny, but produces some sexy images. :bowdown:

TS
TS
Girth

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
Mine does the same stuff. Glad to know that mine is not the only one.

I think everyone I know who has that lens has that 'issue'. Just goes to show being pretty doesn't have anything to do with being quiet!

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I'm going the opposite way...

I'm doing a corporate headshot job for that modeling agency's owner sometime later this week...

Right now i'm securing the following:

H3D-33
Dynalite kit w/beautydish
Dynalite kit w/ringlight
PW's
more dynalites w/ softboxes and snoots and such.

I'm kinda nervous....

TS
TS
Girth

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
well, no minimalist today... they're bringing their 2 dogs. 'the beast' is going w/ me today, but thats it. :o

Wheezer

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2002
Houston
well, no minimalist today... they're bringing their 2 dogs. 'the beast' is going w/ me today, but thats it. :o

Good luck.... If the dogs aren't well behaved, bring your patience. I got lucky recently with a VERY well behaved Great Dane. It followed direction better than some models I've shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448