SPORTS turn help my bronze into gold

SHORTSHIFTER

Old School Lurker
Mar 15, 2000
Canada Eh!
help turn my bronze into gold

sooo i competed this weekend.... got bronze..... but i am sure i made a lot of mistakes....

my game plan was to throw and control or to get head control off my sprawl or to pass guards and have them turn in to me and get head control that way...

i have tons of success from that front head lock position..... i have been working loop chokes, guillotines, Peruvians or spinning to the back and controlling or finishing from there...

i have been working my judo but it feels way different when everyone when everyone has such low posture, everyone is soo ready to jump guard... my normal go throws are kouchi gari, tai otoshi, and uchi matta, but clearly that wasnt working ....

i have a terrible bottom game and i am fat, i am out sized by the rest of my division ......so i tended to abort if i felt like i mght end up on the bottom... i fee like a top game player....

anyway check the vids

thanks in advanced

Match#1
this was a quick one.... almost blew it ..
[y]5rl4lxZJJeg[/y]

Match#2
failed uchi ... donno why i aborted ... went for the loop choke... and thought i had it .... i had like a death grip on that thing....gassed my arms ... thats all she wrote... really need to work my half guard i think
[y]QQDRojHVego[/y]

Chris Match #3 Bronze medal match
starts with a head butt..ends with a failed loop choke/half Peruvian
[y]uzXco-aNJe4[/y]

Absolute#1
started well....went for a uchi mata but my leg went across both legs, almost gave up my back.... and that pretty much was the end of the match
[y]0WOiDaXrK98[/y]

Last edited:

iCEgECKO

Ballin' at 5'2''
Apr 20, 2001
Toronto
Way to go man!
If you know you dont like working off your back, you should probably spend more time on your back so you are comfortable there.

How much time a week do you spend training judo?

CaptGashStab

Aug 17, 2010
I think you should work on getting better position and more submissions and not getting stuck in bad positions and getting subbed.

TS
TS
SHORTSHIFTER

SHORTSHIFTER

Old School Lurker
Mar 15, 2000
Canada Eh!
Way to go man!
If you know you dont like working off your back, you should probably spend more time on your back so you are comfortable there.

How much time a week do you spend training judo?

i have been working on my guard... but its not to the point where i would welcome being on my back ...

judo .. maybe once a week ... not really going to a judo club ... but one of my instructors is a judo instructor as well.. i have been trying to incorporate a few throws that i can hit with high percentage .

TS
TS
SHORTSHIFTER

SHORTSHIFTER

Old School Lurker
Mar 15, 2000
Canada Eh!
It seems like you just give up as soon as you're on your back :hs:

ya that is a huge problem ... i am soo lazy off my back ... and i let teh person advance their position with out much opposition .. i have no idea why ... once my back hits the mat i get soo tired and only concentrate on not getting subbed ... which leads me to getting subbed or getting points racked up on me ....

i have been working on staying active from the bottom ... like not soo much submissions ... but more sweeps and creating space to get back on top...

clearly that isnt working that well

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19