Turning a dirtbike into a supermotard?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Necromancer, Jun 1, 2007.

  1. Necromancer

    Necromancer Guest

    What do I need to do to make them street legal? I'm guessing a 4 stroke over 250cc, mirrors, head lights, break lights, and turning signals, but what else if any?
  2. nedwinkler

    nedwinkler Everybody wang chung tonight!!!

    Jun 2, 2006
    Likes Received:
    I'm not sure but I think each state is different, not sure about bike laws in FL. That sounds right with everything you have listed aside from a license plate holder and possibly a horn.
  3. Necromancer

    Necromancer Guest

    what about registering a bike? Wouldn't you have to get it inspected and all that jazz?
  4. XR250rdr

    XR250rdr OT Supporter

    Mar 1, 2004
    Likes Received:
    In regards to getting a dirt bike licensed:

    You might be able to easily find the info on the Florida DMV website.

    www.thumpertalk.com is a good place online to ask, there are a lot of dual sport riders on that board..

    Also you could contact a dual sport kit manufactuer. Baja Designs is the biggest one. Trick Dual Sport is a smaller company but their kits are quite nice. Either company should be able to help or at least point you in the right direction.

    Trick Dual Sport: http://www.trickdualsport.com [email protected] (dont have an 8xx number)

    Baja Designs: http://www.bajadesigns.com ([FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]800) 422-5292 or [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT]
  5. Necromancer

    Necromancer Guest

    Cool, thanks for the info. It will come in handy.


Share This Page