TECH two iphone questions for current/past owners

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
(1) i have a first-gen iphone. should i upgrade to the 3G? i hate that i don't have the ability to take advantage of the 3G network (music streaming, etc), despite the fact that i'm paying the same price.

(2) what's next for the iphone? has anyone heard any rumors of new functionality? news seems to have been really quiet for a while

trouphaz

Sep 22, 2003
1) no. not worth it. you're not paying the same price. 3G is $10/month more (or did they push up the edge pricing as well?). gps is nice, but you're not replacing your Garmin with an iPhone. 3G is meh at best. i see my iPhone drops to edge quite frequently.

2) no clue.

TS
TS
gui3

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
1) no. not worth it. you're not paying the same price. 3G is $10/month more (or did they push up the edge pricing as well?). gps is nice, but you're not replacing your Garmin with an iPhone. 3G is meh at best. i see my iPhone drops to edge quite frequently.

2) no clue.

alright. thanks for the info.

i was just getting frustrated that there are so many apps that offer cool shit (e.g. Joost, pandora, etc) that are worthless on edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan