Two Marine Corps aircraft collide mid-air near Salton Sea

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal

A Marine Corps F-35B collided with a KC-130J while conducting mid-air refueling somewhere over the Southern California desert Tuesday afternoon, according to the Marines.
The F-35B pilot ejected safely while the KC-130J made an emergency landing on its belly in a field near the Jacqueline Cochran Regional Airport near Thermal, Ca., which is just north of Salton Sea, according to a Marine Corps Air Station Yuma spokesman.
Eight crewmembers were on board the KC-130J and all are reported safe, the Marines said.
Both aircraft were operating out of MCAS Yuma, but the Marines declined to say whether the base is each aircraft’s permanent operating base.

The collision occurred around 4 p.m. Tuesday. The Marines declined to provide more details about the location of the collision or where the F-35B wreckage landed.
The F-35B is the Marine Corps’ newest short takeoff vertical landing fighter. The KC-130J is a mid-air refueling tanker.
The crash is under investigation, and updates will be provided as more information becomes available, the Marines said.

Reactions: Fifafever

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
calling it water is a compliment
went out there once to see it along with bombay beach and slab city. the water is similar to egg drop soup and smells disgusting. pretty as long as you're far away. for those that haven't been, all that shit that looks like sand is crushed bone

lM4TTM0.jpg

qdQkYQr.jpg

TS
TS
ERock

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
i've only been out there in the winter and even then the smell was horrible. i can't imagine in the peak of summer when it's 118*
We go riding/camping out at Ocotillo Wells a few times a year. Never really smell anything during the winter. If it is really bad there we have got the smell out here ~130mi away.

Reactions: anomaly and haze

haze

Money printer go BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
OT Supporter
Oct 3, 2004
¯\(ツ)/¯
Nice. I've thought about driving out to see it. Probably never will.
it's worth seeing. bombay beach is the most fucked up post apocalyptic looking place i've ever seen. slab city is actually pretty cool, we wondered around out there for most of the afternoon and debated staying the night after talking with some locals :coolugh:

Reactions: victor77

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
it's worth seeing. bombay beach is the most fucked up post apocalyptic looking place i've ever seen. slab city is actually pretty cool, we wondered around out there for most of the afternoon and debated staying the night after talking with some locals :coolugh:

You want your kidneys stolen and sold for meth?

• Sad
Reactions: haze

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor