TECH ubiquiti wifi crew

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
starting to make a bit more sense, here is the longer range version, but the pro has better specs than the LR. @Jonny Chimpo now i see what you mean.

that's $179
You want the Wi-Fi 6 Enterprise AP

6E with 6ghz
2.5GbE backhaul

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
You want the Wi-Fi 6 Enterprise AP

6E with 6ghz
2.5GbE backhaul

yup, i agree, but i wasn't in EA. i don't want to buy any EA products but regardless of EA status i'm not buying a new AP unless it has 2.5 wired port. i'll be waiting....

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
is anyone using the uxg-pro-us? a friend of mine has the usg 4 and is using both WAN connections but he has two copper WAN connections.

seems that the uxg-pro-us would not be a good upgrade for him

(2) WAN ports (GbE RJ45 and 10G SFP+) with failover support
(2) LAN ports (GbE RJ45 and 10G SFP+)

i guess the uxg-pro-us can handle 2 WAN connections if one is fiber and the other is ethernet.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
if you read the youtube comments here are some issues i see, but hopefully they keep improving the product

- it seems that you can't see a prior scan which would be helpful to see if you've improved anything, i guess take a screenshot after your scan (for now)
- how does it handle multiple floors (this isn't a unifi/ubiquiti issue, i don't think. i'm not sure how other wireless scanners/analyzers handle this)
- is this dynamic? can i move an AP and see updates happen in the mapper?

i assumed this app/feature would be used to scan your environment and get it into the unifi controller THEN it stays there and you can dynamically see your coverage change by physically moving the AP. i would use this mapper app with an AP on a long catX cable to figure out the best location of the APs THEN run the cable to that location, if possible.

right now i can't use it at all since i don't have a unifi gateway, which is why it would be awesome to see this added into the controller. i also wouldn't be against buying a specific AP with better hardware that had the ability to work with the mapper/wifiman AP. that way you aren't forced into a unifi gateway but still have the hardware needed to get the mapper app to work. who knows, maybe specific hardware isn't needed, the unifi gateway is 'needed' so they can sell more units.

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
how would ya'll approach the jobs that don't technically post a salary or range, but have to post the Colorado range for that equal pay act

example:

"The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $187,900 –$248,500."

now, i'd assume the equivalent salary in NYC is higher, but for a remote only job they probably don't care. and also its a huge range to decide what to write on the application line where it asks you for your desired salary.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
how would ya'll approach the jobs that don't technically post a salary or range, but have to post the Colorado range for that equal pay act

example:

"The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $187,900 –$248,500."

now, i'd assume the equivalent salary in NYC is higher, but for a remote only job they probably don't care. and also its a huge range to decide what to write on the application line where it asks you for your desired salary.
"fuck you pay me"

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

example:

never discuss salary until they bring it up. if they ask you, turn it around and spin it so you don't give a number or range, let them start with the number.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
wasn't someone in this thread talking about plex being limited for someone connected to their server?

not sure if it was this thread or another thread, but they said it worked fine when they disconnected from their ISP connection and was not working properly/slow/throttled when they were going through the ISP

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
wasn't someone in this thread talking about plex being limited for someone connected to their server?

not sure if it was this thread or another thread, but they said it worked fine when they disconnected from their ISP connection and was not working properly/slow/throttled when they were going through the ISP

Canada ISP LOL

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

@GH0ST

Reactions: GH0ST

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
never discuss salary until they bring it up. if they ask you, turn it around and spin it so you don't give a number or range, let them start with the number.

Genuinely curious. How do you spin it back? I feel like this happened to my current position. I gave them a range. They came in at the top but I feel like I could have squeezed more had I not put in a range.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Genuinely curious. How do you spin it back? I feel like this happened to my current position. I gave them a range. They came in at the top but I feel like I could have squeezed more had I not put in a range.

Reactions: EcheloN

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkacbataan