TECH ubiquiti wifi crew

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
I have one. Apparently it had my old login/pw from my old Ubiquiti Router :(

shitty, i've had something similar happen, i'll change the password and lastpass/bitwarden won't always prompt me to update with new password. of course i have to manually go change it. no password manager is perfect.

beetle

blah blah blah
OT Supporter
Jun 1, 2001
Bay Area & Lake Tahoe
i'm sure everyone in this thread knows this already, but some data showing ATT > Comcast.

uRly1gH.png

WAN 1 is Comcast, WAN 2 is ATT
On average Comcast has almost 150% worse latency, as well as periodic packet loss.

I thought maybe ATT has a better route to Google DNS (8.8.8.8), so I added Comcast DNS (75.75.75.75) as a test site. Same results.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
i'm sure everyone in this thread knows this already, but some data showing ATT > Comcast.

uRly1gH.png

WAN 1 is Comcast, WAN 2 is ATT
On average Comcast has almost 150% worse latency, as well as periodic packet loss.

I thought maybe ATT has a better route to Google DNS (8.8.8.8), so I added Comcast DNS (75.75.75.75) as a test site. Same results.
whats your handoff? Fiber for ATT, Coax for Comcast?

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Reset Ubuntu password from recovery mode
  1. Step 1: Boot into recovery mode. Switch the computer on. ...
  2. Step 2: Drop to root shell prompt. Now you'll be presented with different options for recovery mode. ...
  3. Step 3: Remount the root with write access. ...
  4. Step 4: Reset username or password.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Reset Ubuntu password from recovery mode
  1. Step 1: Boot into recovery mode. Switch the computer on. ...
  2. Step 2: Drop to root shell prompt. Now you'll be presented with different options for recovery mode. ...
  3. Step 3: Remount the root with write access. ...
  4. Step 4: Reset username or password.

this is only if you are running your own controller on ubuntu i assume?

i didn't think he was, but maybe i missed a post.

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
just did my first gig on upwork. and they want me to agree to this to get paid

"To verify your identity, you agree that we and our providers may collect and use your image from your photo ID and selfies you provide to create and store biometric information or identifiers. We will retain the data for as long as needed for the service or within 3 years after your last interaction with us, whichever is earlier. Review our Privacy Policy for more info."

what the fuck.

phat🐄

Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA

"To verify your identity, you agree that we and our providers may collect and use your image from your photo ID and selfies you provide to create and store biometric information or identifiers. We will retain the data for as long as needed for the service or within 3 years after your last interaction with us, whichever is earlier. Review our Privacy Policy for more info."

what the fuck.
Taxes most likely

Reactions: stevezissou

scotty

OT Supporter
May 6, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I don't have any Ubiquiti cameras but looking to pick up a G3 Instant to use as a pet cam. Should pair nicely with UDMP. Don't need anything fancy or even recording. Seems like a good option for $30 if I can catch it in stock. I've got all the alerts setup.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

what the fuck.

Taxes most likely
This

They gonna 1099 yo ass and don't want to get ripped off from IRS/State taxing authorities.

Contractors pull shady shit when they owe child support/have tax liens/judgements against them.

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
This

They gonna 1099 yo ass and don't want to get ripped off from IRS/State taxing authorities.

Contractors pull shady shit when they owe child support/have tax liens/judgements against them.

i understand having to upload a photo id. but i'm confused about making me take a webcam selfie and the warning about storing it is odd.

Reactions: stevezissou

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
i understand having to upload a photo id. but i'm confused about making me take a webcam selfie and the warning about storing it is odd.
It is because people are using single member LLC's to commit tax fraud so they need an individual "accountable".

The warning about storing it is probably some legal/state requirement.

Reactions: MiseryIndex

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
is anyone using the uxg-pro-us? a friend of mine has the usg 4 and is using both WAN connections but he has two copper WAN connections.

seems that the uxg-pro-us would not be a good upgrade for him

(2) WAN ports (GbE RJ45 and 10G SFP+) with failover support
(2) LAN ports (GbE RJ45 and 10G SFP+)

i guess the uxg-pro-us can handle 2 WAN connections if one is fiber and the other is ethernet.
I just installed the UXG to replace my USG-P4, and the UXG can support two copper WAN links. Just need a copper transciever for the WAN2 SFP+ port iirc.

Reactions: TomDlgns
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Also, fuck the USG-P4‘s bandwidth limits. Network speed improved with the upgrade and I haven’t upgraded my internet service yet. The UXG has much better processing power and throughput.

what are the limits with the usg-4? i believe my friend has the usg-4, it has been 3+ years since he has had his unifi stuff installed, i may tell him to buy the uxg if he can find it in stock but he also hasn't complained about anything. he has att gigabit fiber and comcast as backup (comcast is around 600-800mbps from what i remember).

aznboi320

OT Supporter
Aug 3, 2002
On a kayak
Just picked up a dream machine pro. What's up with the VPN options? No wireguard or openvpn but L2TP is the only option? My Android 12 doesn't support L2TP :wtc:

using my synology openvpn now :wtc:

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Just picked up a dream machine pro. What's up with the VPN options? No wireguard or openvpn but L2TP is the only option? My Android 12 doesn't support L2TP :wtc:

using my synology openvpn now :wtc:

setup pivpn on a virtual machine, docker or an actual rpi and you'll probably like that better than synology openvpn. wireguard on pivpn was very easy to setup and i like how easy they make it by quickly scanning the bar code to set up the account (mobile).

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
what are the limits with the usg-4? i believe my friend has the usg-4, it has been 3+ years since he has had his unifi stuff installed, i may tell him to buy the uxg if he can find it in stock but he also hasn't complained about anything. he has att gigabit fiber and comcast as backup (comcast is around 600-800mbps from what i remember).
It’s only rated for 250Mbps iirc if you have IDS/IPS enabled. I only have 400Mbps cable in I was routinely 20% below that limit and with the UXG I’m about 12% over it on average.

Reactions: TomDlgns
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
It’s only rated for 250Mbps iirc if you have IDS/IPS enabled. I only have 400Mbps cable in I was routinely 20% below that limit and with the UXG I’m about 12% over it on average.

interesting. he gets much higher speeds than 400mpbs on wifi, i'm pretty sure he has the 4. i do know that he doesn't have IDS/IPS enabled, though.

just looked it up, he has the usg-pro-4

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost