TECH ubiquiti wifi crew

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
lol this is so dumb

for a job posting

Application Question(s):

• Are you a Florida resident?
  • We support remote working up to 100%. But this position may require local on-site hardware support. Can you accommodate that requirement?

the position says remote. and this is the very very bottom. so...remote but you have to live in florida (and likely close enough to the actual client locations.)

lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: stevezissou
TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
lol this is so dumb

for a job posting

Application Question(s):

• Are you a Florida resident?
  • We support remote working up to 100%. But this position may require local on-site hardware support. Can you accommodate that requirement?

the position says remote. and this is the very very bottom. so...remote but you have to live in florida (and likely close enough to the actual client locations.)

lol

i get what they are asking for and i'm not 100% against it. if my boss said i could be remote but had to be available for a large project (on site) or a major issue (on site) i would 100% take the remote options.

the company doesn't want to hire someone that isn't local just in case something hands on is required, they don't want to have a remote IT person and have to now find a local IT company for 'some' hands on stuff.

i would have a problem if they said that i needed to come in because someone's keyboard/monitor/etc wasn't working especially if it was a weekly occurrence. end users need to know the basics and spare everything should be located on site if it is deemed as critical/important.

we have remote staff that travel for other offices and they are always asking me for chargers and cables.

1- i tell them to submit a ticket/call the help desk
2- i tell them they should bring those items with them, next time

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
i get what they are asking for and i'm not 100% against it. if my boss said i could be remote but had to be available for a large project (on site) or a major issue (on site) i would 100% take the remote options.

the company doesn't want to hire someone that isn't local just in case something hands on is required, they don't want to have a remote IT person and have to now find a local IT company for 'some' hands on stuff.

i would have a problem if they said that i needed to come in because someone's keyboard/monitor/etc wasn't working especially if it was a weekly occurrence. end users need to know the basics and spare everything should be located on site if it is deemed as critical/important.

we have remote staff that travel for other offices and they are always asking me for chargers and cables.

1- i tell them to submit a ticket/call the help desk
2- i tell them they should bring those items with them, next time

oh i get it too. but to mark it a remote job when you not only need to live in the same state, but the same general area since florida is huge, is misleading and wasting peoples time to read this shit lol.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
oh i get it too. but to mark it a remote job when you not only need to live in the same state, but the same general area since florida is huge, is misleading and wasting peoples time to read this shit lol.

yeah, i get your perspective, but i still see what they are getting at. maybe they should state remote (hybrid) and explain that way people can assume that remote = no onsite required where as remote (hybrid) they could indicate that some on-site could be needed.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
i know a lot of jobs switched to remote, but i don't see the majority of the jobs staying as remote, time will tell. i think hybrid becomes more common and i think that is a good compromise. i see the benefit of some in office interaction especially if your role benefits from that, but i also don't understand why it is a big deal to work from home, randomly, if you don't have a reason to be in the office or need to be home for a certain reason.

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
i know a lot of jobs switched to remote, but i don't see the majority of the jobs staying as remote, time will tell. i think hybrid becomes more common and i think that is a good compromise. i see the benefit of some in office interaction especially if your role benefits from that, but i also don't understand why it is a big deal to work from home, randomly, if you don't have a reason to be in the office or need to be home for a certain reason.

lots of what i'm seeing are 2 day a week in office things. which seems fair.

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
yup, i agree and that would be great for morale...

i know for appearances companies want to have offices in fancy buildings and shit. but one of my clients has 100+ desks in a financial district manhattan office and since covid hit they've had maybe 8 people at most in it at the same time. typically 5 or less. it just seems crazy :o

i know govt loans and shit are still happening but at some point they have to tell people to just get rid of their offices, right? lol

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
i know for appearances companies want to have offices in fancy buildings and shit. but one of my clients has 100+ desks in a financial district manhattan office and since covid hit they've had maybe 8 people at most in it at the same time. typically 5 or less. it just seems crazy :o

i know govt loans and shit are still happening but at some point they have to tell people to just get rid of their offices, right? lol

they are paying for leases and if they can't get out of those leases and/or want that space for x reason, they will find a way to force employees back at some point.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
any unnecessary days in the office, even 1x a week is dumb - engineers dont need synergy. if people want to go in cus theyre social fine, but forcing hybrid is stupid...

it really depends on your role and what's going on at the company. if i'm working on a large project, i don't want to look at a blueprint online and be the only remote person on the call when there is a room filled with other engineers/trades/etc, it would be easier to go in.

if you are not involved in those types of projects then i agree, it doesn't make sense to go in. but i would take hybrid vs nothing at all.

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
is it me, or does this job work out to $10/hr for a non-beginner position :rofl:

Requirements:
- min 5 years IT helpdesk experience
- min 3 years Office 365 support experience
- Windows Azure AD experience
- Microsoft Active Directory
- mail flow troubleshooting
- should have experience with network infrastructure
- must have clear english [written and spoken]

This is a full time position, mon-fri 8am - 6pm US EST.
Pay rate is $2000 per month, paid weekly $500 USD.

If this sounds good, we would like to hear from you!

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
is it me, or does this job work out to $10/hr for a non-beginner position :rofl:

Requirements:

what else do you expect from HR?

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
also, please tell me they actually wrote english...i assume they did and that you copy/pasted.

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
i looked at cyber gigs on there and people are offering $10 for malware analysis :rofl:

some of the stuff is stupid fast and makes *some* sense a person in a random country might take just for the 5 star review the person promises to leave you.

but a lot of them aren't worth the time to respond to the posting.
flat fee $10-20 to setup dkim's & dmarc shit, etc.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
for unifi installs where you need 2.5 gbps ports

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State

Requirements:

:rofl: Yeah that's $10/hr working 10 hour days.

MiseryIndex

Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
here's a confusing one. the job pays well. i feel like i just time traveled. IT director for an accounting firm. but it wants you to have your CPA license in addition to the tech stuff?

• Certification/license as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, or CISM.

also..

windows NT & novell? i mean...my novell certifications are long expired but i'm sure i could brush up lol

• Experience with numerous business cycles and multiple accounting software applications. Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems (Windows NT / 2000, UNIX, AS400, Novell).

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
here's a confusing one. the job pays well. i feel like i just time traveled. IT director for an accounting firm. but it wants you to have your CPA license in addition to the tech stuff?

• Certification/license as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, or CISM.

also..

windows NT & novell? i mean...my novell certifications are long expired but i'm sure i could brush up lol

• Experience with numerous business cycles and multiple accounting software applications. Areas of expertise should include at least some of the following: access control software, security architecture and administration, Internet use/firewalls, network security awareness and enforcement, security policies and standards, operating systems (Windows NT / 2000, UNIX, AS400, Novell).

run.

finance and IT should never mix. you can't be a good IT admin if you also need to be a CPA. i don't want my CPA configuring my network and an IT admin shouldn't be the person reviewing company taxes/finances.

:rofl:

wtf.

Reactions: jgon842

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost