TECH ubiquiti wifi crew

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Congrats. Now you get to know the joyous frustration of firmware that breaks shit and features you like and use being eliminated for no reason.

InfantileDisloyalBordercollie-max-1mb.gif

FreakinSyco

OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2004
I replaced one of my dead G4 bullets (lightning fried) with a G3 flex. I can’t tell the difference in image quality during the day. The night difference is minor.

kmad86

Swine Epidemic Survival Crew '09
OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
I have asked this question before but it's been a while and I wasn't clear on a few things.

I am wanting to buy some UI hardware to send internet through our field exactly 2000' to another building we have.

There are no trees or obstructions at all, it is a direct shot.

Looking here https://www.ui.com/uisp/multipoint

There are so many options that seem very similar. Do I need to buy say two LiteBeam 5ACs and is that it, or do I need to buy something else (LTU Rocket BaseStation??) that converts them to ethernet? I have never used a repeater like this before so I don't fully understand what all hardware is needed.

Also, at 2000', is say a PowerBeam 5AC going to perform worse short range than a LiteBeam 5AC?

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
I have asked this question before but it's been a while and I wasn't clear on a few things.

I am wanting to buy some UI hardware to send internet through our field exactly 2000' to another building we have.

There are so many options that seem very similar. Do I need to buy say two LiteBeam 5ACs and is that it, or do I need to buy something else (LTU Rocket BaseStation??) that converts them to ethernet? I have never used a repeater like this before so I don't fully understand what all hardware is needed.

Also, at 2000', is say a PowerBeam 5AC going to perform worse short range than a LiteBeam 5AC?

Look at the ISP configuration wizard- it will help you build that out based on distance and provide elevation overlays via googlemaps

Edit: https://ui.com/uisp

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004

i would use two nanostations and be done with it. you won't see them in unifi, but i'm fine with that, that way if you do change to another brand router/switch/etc, you can leave the wireless bridge alone.

i use these (you would need two), https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...works_ns_5ac_us_5ghz_nanostation_5ac_usa.html

i use a poe switch, on each end, to power the radio, but you can use the poe injector if you want.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Replaced my UAP-AC-PRO with an U6-LR, and finally got around to ceiling mounting it.

Between mounting and the new unit range and throughput throughout the house is great now - I’m on wireless about 2 houses down the block now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: stevezissou

kmad86

Swine Epidemic Survival Crew '09
OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2003
Ft. Smith, AR
i would use two nanostations and be done with it. you won't see them in unifi, but i'm fine with that, that way if you do change to another brand router/switch/etc, you can leave the wireless bridge alone.

i use these (you would need two), https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...works_ns_5ac_us_5ghz_nanostation_5ac_usa.html

i use a poe switch, on each end, to power the radio, but you can use the poe injector if you want.
Those particular ones are sold out everywhere. All that is in stock is an AirMax NanoStationM 5GHz loco Station and an AirMAX NanoStation M2??

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Those particular ones are sold out everywhere. All that is in stock is an AirMax NanoStationM 5GHz loco Station and an AirMAX NanoStation M2??

the airmax 5ghz seems to be the older model and the nanostation 2 is probably 2.4 ghz. i wouldn't get the 2.4 version and i'm not sure what the downside of the older version is.

i know the newer version (the one i linked which is sold out), has a dedicated management radio, i don't think the old one has that.

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
Replaced my UAP-AC-PRO with an U6-LR, and finally got around to ceiling mounting it.

Between mounting and the new unit range and throughput throughout the house is great now - I’m on wireless about 2 hours down the block now lol
I have a u6 lite and uap-ac-pro for a...pretty small house + tiny backyard. I really should just get a u6 lr and see if it covers everything, but kind of want to just wait and get a 6E AP to replace these when it comes out.

Nothing important is on the uap-ac-pro

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenifer32