Ubisoft working on open world Star Wars game

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
I hate to say it.. SWTOR was lackluster.

I miss the open worldness of Star Wars Galaxies. Can't get much more open world / sandboxy than that. Sure it had its flaws but it was very open do anything you want for back in the day.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
I miss the open worldness of Star Wars Galaxies. Can't get much more open world / sandboxy than that. Sure it had its flaws but it was very open do anything you want for back in the day.

This is exactly what came to mind. The grind on it was real af, making it so hard to be a jedi (which most ppl want), but the game itself was open and fun to play otherwise

Valence

Just a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude.
OT Supporter
This is exactly what came to mind. The grind on it was real af, making it so hard to be a jedi (which most ppl want), but the game itself was open and fun to play otherwise
i remember grinding away, setting up scripts to fire, detect an enemy, loot, and repeat for hours on end. this was in some alley in mos eisley.

• Haha
Reactions: kenmei

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
I hate to say it.. SWTOR was lackluster.

Yeah, Galaxies was the only MMO that I ever played. It was great at first. Being a Creature Handler and having two Rancors (then nerfed to two Graul Maulers) was awesome. You could beat the living crap out of anything. Eventually was running around with 3 Greater Sludge Panthers. That was a lot of fun. Once everyone started grinding for holocrons, though, it got boring and I bailed. Everyone in the galaxy was a Jedi and it lost all fun for me.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Oof. Gonna be terrible. They'll have their three different voice actors do all of the voices for the entire game. I'm sure it will be a delight.

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
If they can just the engine from Assassin's Creed Valhalla or the upcoming Far Cry 6...it would be pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue