SPORTS UFC 258: Usman vs. Burns - February 13, 2021 at the UFC Apex facility in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Zoolander

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Michigan
WARNING - THERE COULD BE SOME NWS PICS
As Always - Brought to you by:
reebok-ufc-announce-landmark-apparel-deal_513090_OpenGraphImage.png

B--1C5wU0AENEeW.jpg

Parimatch-new-division-900x600.jpg

Toyo-Tires-Large-Brand-Logo.png

10778030964766.png
5e32b50c5bc79c71805ac663

DraftKings_logo.png

UFC_258_poster.jpg

1612784769812.png

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
Usman/Barber/Gastelum/Rivera/Marquez in the main card.

Jim Miller is a solid underdog

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
I know he already turned it down, but tbh, GSP/Usman wouldn't be a bad fight to cement GSP as the undisputed GOAT -- it'd be super interesting gameplan-wise in the sense of Wittman vs Zahabi/Danaher

Burns could quite easily take this though -- I think his striking is better than Usman, and there's no way Usman wants to be on the ground with Burns.

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
I know he already turned it down, but tbh, GSP/Usman wouldn't be a bad fight to cement GSP as the undisputed GOAT -- it'd be super interesting gameplan-wise in the sense of Wittman vs Zahabi/Danaher

Burns could quite easily take this though -- I think his striking is better than Usman, and there's no way Usman wants to be on the ground with Burns.
seriously doubt GSP ever fights again, he doesn't need it for his legacy

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
i dont think he does either, but the greatness of beating 4 generations of fighters would be undeniable
For sure, I just dont think the GOAT conversation will ever be settled in MMA, you just don't get the extreme untouchable outliers that you do in some other sports, like Brady/Jordan/Gretzky.

Fighters just have a much smaller window of greatness to truly stand above all the other greats.

Reactions: JacksonWhite

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
could have just been testing the waters plus this dude is shady af, but I do believe it's something both guys had expressed interest in before

EtLv1JQUcAAB7HP-e1612256549453.jpg
absolutely wouldn't happen at 155 -- GSP would be killing himself making weight

best case might be an "exhibition" or inaugural fight in a new 165 division; winner takes the first title and immediately vacates it :hsugh:

a 165 division thins out 155 and would cannibalize the lightweight division, probably all but killing it off

so i really don't think it ever happens :(

Miesha Taint

May 6, 2006
absolutely wouldn't happen at 155 -- GSP would be killing himself making weight

best case might be an "exhibition" or inaugural fight in a new 165 division; winner takes the first title and immediately vacates it :hsugh:

a 165 division thins out 155 and would cannibalize the lightweight division, probably all but killing it off

so i really don't think it ever happens :(
I don't see why can't they just do a 1 time catch-weight at whatever weight both guys are comfortable with

TCMS

Sep 9, 2006
Chicago

Unnecessary. None of these WW champs have done shit to be on the level. Fighting a not-prime GSP serves no purpose at all for anyone.

Reactions: roffle and remmy

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
Unnecessary. None of these WW champs have done shit to be on the level. Fighting a not-prime GSP serves no purpose at all for anyone.

I totally agree. We don’t need 40 year old GSP, who has fought once in the last 8 years fighting anymore. He should have continued fighting after his first or second retirement if he wanted to continue fighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan