Ultima Online Crew - Who played?

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
I just started up again on UO Outlands - it's pretty neat to see what they have done with the game. It's free to play and they have optimized a lot of stuff. Most non-combat skills give a combat bonus - for example, GM mining with 10% damage bonus for maces. There is a whole PVP culture with boats and lots of depth and complexity on previously boring crafts.

https://uooutlands.com/

Anyone use to play UO?

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

Ashryn

Yeah...
May 18, 2001
In. Loved it. :hs:

So many great memories on the official servers, and also a couple player run servers.

Reactions: Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Baja and Siege

played beta through about ML

experimented with some player run servers after that and even had my own just to play around with the GM tools/create items and shit lol

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Legends of Aria brought back a lot of UO nostalgia for me gameplay and the way it looked and felt, but i lost interest quick; tiny player base, not enough content, and PvP wan’t that great.

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I played a ton between like 1998-2002ish .. had a 100 lvl GM tamer (or whatever it was called when you could force mobs to attack each other and players) and would go down to the dragon caves and shit with it :bowdown:

Reactions: Tonster MBA

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
I just played some of the old school Ultimas and haven't made it to Online yet. Hopefully it's still available by the time I get there,

Currently have:
Ultima 1-3 trilogy
Ultimas 3,4,5,6,7 part 1, 8, 9 as separate games
Ultima 9 giant Dragon edition
Ultima Underworld 1 and 2
Ultima Collection - cd with all of the games

20201124_105250.jpg
20201124_105301.jpg

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Played the hell out of some UO on I think Atlantic can’t even remember now. No game to this date has made my heart pump in fear and anger as old school UO when a red pops up on the screen and wrecks you when you are first starting out.

Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
Tonster MBA

Tonster MBA

OT'r of the Year 2013
OT Supporter
Jul 10, 2007
LA
Baja and Siege

played beta through about ML

experimented with some player run servers after that and even had my own just to play around with the GM tools/create items and shit lol
Join UO Outlands, it takes about 24 hours to GM a dexxer. You can join the player events, they give you everything you need, armor, weapons, bandaids.

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
I used to play.

It was the game that got me into pc games.

I tried playing uo forever, but i didnt like the old school version of the game.

I liked it with tram and fel, where you could just play without worrying about getting ambushed in a dunge

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman