Reminds me of

2rmErPNl.png

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
ive been out of the game for a bit but used to use bootleg ebay verizon and ATT sims for unlimited nets, usually for ~$20-50 a month

i know theres still some 3rd party MVNOs who offer unlimited hotspots like nomadinternet.com

sure, that's one way, but don't you have to pay premium for that? his method seems like it will work with any SIM.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
sure, that's one way, but don't you have to pay premium for that? his method seems like it will work with any SIM.
*any SIM that has unlimited data already, which costs about the same as these 3rd party services

id still do some digging through ebay and see if you can find some old school true unlimited verizon/att SIMs for rent before using any of these tho

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
hacking APN settings > hacking TTL settings

frustrating when you try to get things working, by the book, and it still doesn't work properly. i had a cellular modem from protectli and they didn't provide the proper APN and i had to open a ticket. then i started to work and was buggy (this was a protectli hardware/software issue not carrier side). they sent me firmware that failed to upload, they confirmed the firmware was hit/miss. they sent me a new unit overnight but i felt that future issues could cause issues if they send me a firmware that won't upload and tell me i am out of the 1 year window. i sent back the modem and got a refund.

TS
TS
TomDlgns

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
*any SIM that has unlimited data already, which costs about the same as these 3rd party services

id still do some digging through ebay and see if you can find some old school true unlimited verizon/att SIMs for rent before using any of these tho

i thought those were still regular price but not truly unlimited (with high speeds...they cap you) which is what i assumed this video covered. with that being said, if the cost of the SIM is the same as the ones you referenced, then yeah, i guess this isn't all that exciting.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
frustrating when you try to get thins working, by the book, and it still doesn't work properly. i had a cellular modem from protectli and they didn't provide the proper APN and i had to open a ticket. then i started to work and was buggy (this was a protectli hardware/software issue not carrier side). they sent me firmware that failed to upload, they confirmed the firmware was hit/miss. they sent me a new unit overnight but i felt that future issues could cause issues if they send me a firmware that won't upload and tell me i am out of the 1 year window. i sent back the modem and got a refund.
troubleshooting pizza shit hardware ftl

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
i thought those were still regular price but not truly unlimited (with high speeds...they cap you) which is what i assumed this video covered. with that being said, if the cost of the SIM is the same as the ones you referenced, then yeah, i guess this isn't all that exciting.
youve got services like this guy, who is running a corporate ATT account and illegaly selling his unlimited SIMs on the downlow, this one is pricey, i had one for ~$45/month for verizon, had one for ~$27/month that was a bootleg unlimited SIM from a grandfathered ATT ipad as well

Lethal

OT Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
still got my old school grandfathered unlimited data plan but I’m not gonna replace my home internet with it so :dunno:

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
this used to work for tmobile, i haven't been able to get it to work for the past couple of years though.

PDAnet still works, but it's less than ideal as a permanent solution

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman