Update

Nickos

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
NW MN
Hey guys just wanted to give you a little update on everything. I am dictating through Google Voice so this is going to look like one giant run-on sentence. I had my surgery about 6 weeks ago and I had a follow-up MRI about a week ago and everything looks good there was scarring around the area where the tumor was removed which is common with microwave ablation it looks like all of the tumor was removed but we are always going to keep an eye on everything I get CT scans MRIs and pet scans all of the time just because I am stage 4 and another tumor is likely to pop up somewhere and time there is a chance it may not but that chance is pretty small and fortunately. My pain is mostly managed not as well as I would like but it is a lot better than it was I guess it's hard to tell but the doctor says he has noticed and I am back at work now so I guess that's a plus I had to return to my job a few weeks ago because I ran out of FMLA I ran out of all of my PTO I ran out of all my unpaid vacation sick leave medical leave everything I completely ran out of and if I didn't return to work I wouldn't have a job and I wouldn't have health insurance and I would be fucked I kind of felt like I was being held hostage like a Chinaman and forced to work in a sweatshop for shity pay. I was out of work for 5 months and financially it shows my savings has dwindled but I guess that's what it's there for time to just rebuild I have kind of a different outlook on life I've slowed way down to take the time to appreciate things that I just kind of didn't have time for before or didn't make time for before simple things even like before I go to work I'll give my dog a treat and pet her I'll pick up my kitty and Pat her and I don't really give a shit if I'm late to work it's important to me to spend that time in a way that is Meaningful because I kind of live like a stopwatch and I don't know when I'm going to run out of time I don't know when the next tumor is going to kill me or when I've had enough and my body gives up or I break mentally who knows it's a crazy fucking thing man I want to thank everyone who has donated and all the kind words that have been expressed from prior threads and all the ones that I'm sure will be in this one as well it really means a lot and it helps a lot just to know that there are people that care and there are people that remember I can check up on this thread periodically when I some free time here and there I can answer questions or whatever I don't have a sub so I post that night because it's free LOL I have no problem by 1 I'm just not here as often and to spend ten bucks to post this kind of crazy but whatever take care of everyone I'll be back in a while

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
Insurance should have covered your PAY for the whole period you were incapacitated like they do in disability imo

This shit is brutal. Get better and hope you the best

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Mr Chan

White not Rob
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
ATL
Thanks for the update! Sounds like you're taking it in stride and you've grown from it. Silver lining I guess.

Good luck bro, keep up the good fight!

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
grouphug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan