STYLE Upgraded the backyard from an old deck to a new patio

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
the midwest and its no fenced in backyards is so weird :o
it's an HOA thing. you're not allowed to put in most fences, which I like. you can do wrought iron. my last neighborhood had fences all over. all of my neighbors had them, so I didn't need once since my backyard was closed in on all three sides anyway. felt like a shitty little cubicle/jail cell.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
You NEED this

Stanbroil 9-Inch Imitated Human Skull Gas Log for Indoor or Outdoor Fireplaces, Fire Pits Halloween Decor, 1-Pack - Patent Pending

Joesbe

Every man dies, but not every man really lives.
OT Supporter
Apr 13, 2008
I didn't read everything but hopefully you used a pipe dope that's good for gas as some aren't good for it.

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
You NEED this

Stanbroil 9-Inch Imitated Human Skull Gas Log for Indoor or Outdoor Fireplaces, Fire Pits Halloween Decor, 1-Pack - Patent Pending

:rofl: we were planning on handing out Halloween candy from the patio instead of the front porch, so this would be a good choice to put in the fire at that time

Reactions: Jon91SE

MrBlonde

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2002
:wisconsin:
wife found a local guy who makes these planters/posts, and he had a clever design that let you put pavers in the base for weight instead of pouring in concrete, so you can take it out and move them. You can also put coconut plant liners in for flowers and stuff.
View attachment 144037

View attachment 144038

Crate & Barrel furniture. I never thought they would be the cheapest option, but holy shit outdoor furniture is expensive. These took almost 2 months to show up, and there's another single chair that matches, which will show up in October, lol. Very comfortable. The cushions are super lightweight, so we stuck a little 5 lb rubber dumbbell in the bottom of each, which keeps them nicely in place :rofl: you can't even tell, but I don't want to go pick these out of the neighbor's yard/pool
View attachment 144039

planted 200 pachysandra along the house under the 3 windows, planted some spirea and a ninebark in the corner spot. Bought a Weber grill. Ran the LED lights around to the posts. I anchored them into the brick with some anchors that seem like they would hold up to Armageddon. I tapped right into the light fixture that was alongside the sliding door, so they're controlled with a light switch, and I managed to measure it out so the length fits perfectly.
View attachment 144041

View attachment 144040

Total cost was around $18k all told, although we still need a newer dining set at some point. current one is limping along with a table cloth to cover up the tons of rust on it :o
Looks awesome..crazy how pricey concrete is.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokalolo