TECH upgrading from 10.4 do i need the full snow leopard package?

KuntryFresh

Midwest
Dec 21, 2004
Land of cheese
I have 10.4 right now. I'd like to upgrade to snow leopard but the people at the store always tell me i have to buy the complete package ( leopard, ilife, iwork) because i didnt upgrade to leopard first.

is this true? i'd rather not spend the extra $100 for stuff i dont want and just get the $29 OS itself.

any help is appreciated.

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
legally with licensing, yes you need to purchase the box set. the $29 upgrade is from leopard to Snow Leopard. It will work with Tiger (I'd recommend an erase and install, big upgrades like that tend to cause issues) however for the people that purchased Leopard for $129, it's a $29 upgrade. For people that didn't buy Leopard, it's $129 for the box set, which is actually a good deal.

Cliffs: Legally Yes, you need the box set. Unofficially, no, you dont need to get the box set

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan