GUN UPS guy was good to me this week. v.pics.

1BadZ

Uber :Aug2000: GM Nazi
Aug 21, 2000
STL
I ordered a bunch of stuff for my Ruger 10/22 and Remington 700 on Monday, and got it all by Thursday. I also did some polishing work on the 10/22.

From VQ I got the TG2000 trigger group in silver, the Edge Extractor, Sure Fire firing pin, and the hex head take down screw.

VQ.jpg

From Tactical Innovations I got their skeletonized super charging handle and recoil rod, which is held together by a c-clip. If I want to change out recoil springs in the future, I can swap them in and out. The only bad thing is that they only come in black, so I polished mine by hand. Before:

TacIncRecoil.jpg

I didn't care for the matte finish of the receiver and that it didn't match the finish of the polished barrel so I sanded all the visible finish off by hand. I did the same to the top of the receiver where the bolt rides the roof, the charging handle and bolt face where they rides the top of the receiver, and finally the rail. I started with 100 grit, then moved up to 220, 400, 600, 1000, then blue and white emery paper.

TacIncPolished1.jpg

TacIncPolished2.jpg

Ruger1022NTSD1.jpg

I liked the stock on the Ruger so much, that I bought one for my Remington 700 in .300 Win Mag. This one has a real nice aluminum bedding block. I finally got around to upgrading to a rail mount for it too.

Remington700Stock.jpg

Remington700BedBlock.jpg

Remington700Rail.jpg

Remington700NSSD1.jpg

Additionally, I hate you guys now. After seeing what a good trigger is like with the VQ unit, I'll have to upgrade every gun I've got.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
so....it's gotta be asked. are you color blind?

Nope, I just got tired of black tacti-cool guns. My AR will stay like that, but I felt like doing something wild to my other two rifles.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
Why not just regular wood...?

Expensive trap guns have ruined wood stocks for me. There is no way I'd buy a plain wood stock After seeing the wood grain on a few Krieghoffs, Perazzis, and Kolars at the trap field. I'd want good wood, which is mega bucks I didn't want to spend on these rifles. I was considering two less bright colors: Birch, which was tan, brown, and grey. Second was brandy; dark red, brown and grey.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
I just came back from the range. The Ruger is a different animal now. I have to get back to a correct trigger pull since I'm not using the stock unit. I hit dead on bull's eye whenever I slowed down and did a controlled, slow, even pull. Even fucking up the trigger pull I was still hitting in the bull's eye ring at 25 yards. Time to step that one back to 50.

The 700 in .300 Win Mag is still a beast but the added weight makes it comfortable to shoot more than a handful of rounds in a day. The guys in the next booth over were asking me all sorts of questions about it because they said it was shaking the ground. After the switch to a rail I had to sight it back in and I managed to get it back on paper at 50 yards before the range closed.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
Where'd you get your 10/22 parts? I'd like to upgrade those on mine too.

Midway USA. They're cheaper than VQ's site and they ship fast. I'm in STL and they're in Columbia MO. I ordered them Monday afternoon and the package was at my door the next day.

Omega6_Virus

Oct 20, 2002
The 10/22 looks great with the polished/satin/silver/stainless/what ever its called lol bit's added.
And the stock for the 700 isn't that wild as I thought it would be when you said red. Looks great and when you get close you see the color nicely.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
The 10/22 looks great with the polished/satin/silver/stainless/what ever its called lol bit's added.
And the stock for the 700 isn't that wild as I thought it would be when you said red. Looks great and when you get close you see the color nicely.

Thanks! I finally found the picture of the gun that made me want to get a blue stock.

DSC02454.jpg

I thought the 700 stock was going to be a little more red myself. In direct sunlight it looks a little burnt out and when it is in the shade it looks more red. Either way I'm happy with it, its soaked up a little bit of the recoil since its heavier than the factory synthetic stock.

I have that group and like it. I have not worked it at all, there is some slack I could take outbut it is great a as is.

It is a thousand times nicer than the factory unit and is worth the money.

Poopshoot

Oct 14, 2003
The color on those guns looks great, I like the personal touch you added. I agree the all black can get somewhat monotonous.

Whats up with the bolt on the Remington? Thing looks freaking bad ass.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
I love that jeweled bolt! Do yours to match the 700!

I was going to do it the same time I was polishing up everything, but nothing I had for my rotary tool would put fine little swirl marks in metal. I looked on youtube and Midway USA had a video about jeweling a bolt by yourself. They sanded it down to at least 600 grit and then used an abrasive rubber rod to put the jeweled pattern in. I'll get around to buying the equipment needed to do it sooner or later. I searched for "engine turning" on Brownells and came up with a kit.

The color on those guns looks great, I like the personal touch you added. I agree the all black can get somewhat monotonous.

Whats up with the bolt on the Remington? Thing looks freaking bad ass.

Thanks for the compliment! The bolt came like that from the factory. It is just a BDL SPS in stainless and the bolt came like that.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
I think the 700 looks good with that stock. Why is the front scope ring so far rearward though?

I don't like to "crawl" my face up the stock, so I've got the scope about as rearward as I can get it. I can put the gun up to my chest, put my cheek against the rest and my eye is in the perfect place to shoot.

CompactDisk

Mar 14, 2011
I don't like to "crawl" my face up the stock, so I've got the scope about as rearward as I can get it. I can put the gun up to my chest, put my cheek against the rest and my eye is in the perfect place to shoot.

You misread. The front ring could be mounted much further forward, which would provide more support to the front of the scope. There's no benefit to putting that front ring so far rearward.

TS
TS
1BadZ

1BadZ

Aug 21, 2000
STL
my remington 700 stock has been on order for nearly 4 years now, j allen enterprises fml

That sucks, do you have a link to what you ordered?

You misread. The front ring could be mounted much further forward, which would provide more support to the front of the scope. There's no benefit to putting that front ring so far rearward.

Copy that, I'll move it forward.

acoop101

Aug 30, 2007
Define "accurate" please.
some of the guns that the guys are shooting at my local "tactical rimfire" match are grouping about 0.75 inches at 100 yards once they find ammo their gun likes with 10 round groups. That said they have waaaaaay too much money tied up in their 22's.

Boosted98gsx

Jul 27, 2002
Texas
Yea, problem with "finding ammo" that works for your .22 is that you can never get truly good ammo for them. The only way to do so, is to load your own, and good luck with that.

acoop101

Aug 30, 2007
Yea, problem with "finding ammo" that works for your .22 is that you can never get truly good ammo for them. The only way to do so, is to load your own, and good luck with that.
true but there is a difference between the bulk pack walmart 22 and say Wolf 22.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448