Discussion in 'Archives' started by 2397, Oct 15, 2013.
I'm too narcissistic for that.
Are you happy with your sex life and your sexuality?
If not, why
Why Anthropology for school? I find that so interesting.
What did you want to be when you were growing up?
1. No, not really. My sex life for the past year and a half has been me driving to Orlando every 2-3 months to hang out with and sleep with a friend of mine. Sucks because I've been developing feelings for him for a long time. Very attracted to him. Sometimes he says affectionate things, but most of the time I don't get the sense that he wants anything more. We aren't even very close friends, so there's little communication aside from my visits. Hard to walk away though because he's someone I had a big crush on in college/never in a million years thought he'd be attracted to me. I don't even know if we'd be compatible -- and there are people I've had/I have much stronger connections with -- but I guess I'm just curious about the possibility. The last time we slept together was last weekend and I probably won't visit again until next month.
A big reason I don't go absolutely crazy from not having sex often is the fact that I seek most of my gratification online. Essentially "sexting" since I was ~13 for example.
2. Somewhat. As more and more women who do not identify as lesbians are opening up about their attraction to women, I am more comfortable discussing my own queer orientation. So that's not something that really bothers me. My sexual kinks have gotten really narrow though and that is distressing because I fear I won't find many people I can share them with. I have this obsession with being able to tell a partner EVERYTHING, but I'm feeling like it's unlikely that I'll be able to do that with someone who is also compatible with me in other major ways.
I'm a "big picture" person, very into seeing relationships between things and whatnot. Anthropology is so comprehensive in its approach to studying humankind, so it kind of kept me from having to narrow my academic interests. I got to take archaeology courses, physical anthropology courses, primatology courses, cultural anthropology courses, etc... I LOVED it. But of course that means most students have to go to grad school to specialize -- and it's a real struggle, in this economy, to communicate the skillset that you pick up from a degree like anthropology. The specific research, fieldwork, lab experience you pick up demonstrates a lot more. I didn't really pursue anything specific like that while in undergrad -- I focused a lot of my attention on helping to establish a student organization instead and found that more fulfilling. I'll always be interested in anthropology-related topics, but I'm finding that my career aspirations lie outside.
I wanted to be everything as a kid; from age 3 through high school I considered being:
- an artist, singer, dancer, actor (despite no talent)
- a "scientist" -- because I liked microscopes
- "something with computers" because my mom, dad, and brother all did techy stuff
- a psychologist or social worker -- grandpa was/is a social worker, seemed like a noble career
Anthropology. Makes sense...
Do you have any religiosity? Not counting the normal human capacity for awe and reverence, which... no outlandish metaphysical claims, no care
Name a couple songs that you've played on repeat
do you have pets?
can I see pictures of them?
will you consider doing SS this year? please?
if you could have a super power, what would it be?
what kind of things do you do on your down time?
what kind of job do you think you'd absolutely HATE doing?
None at all.
I was raised Presbyterian -- loved my pastor, hymns, the process of being confirmed -- but left the church when I was around 14. Realized the satisfaction I got from it had absolutely nothing to do with scripture.
Kavinsky - Odd Look ft. The Weeknd
Mirah - Nobody Has to Stay (Joyride Remix) / Mirah - Dogs of B.A. (Joyride Remix)
Bad Company - Bad Company
I have a female chocolate lab (~10 years old) and my parents bought two conures that are pretty to look at, but noisy as all get-out. I'll look for a pic of my dog when I get a chance later.
Afraid not :\ Aside from anonymity concerns, I have too much to worry about this year already. Sorry .
Invisibility (on command)
surf the net, hang out with/drink with friends, watch TV shows and Orlando Magic games, sometimes PC gaming
something in accounting probably
What are your favorite tv shows?
Boardwalk Empire, Shameless, Orange Is the New Black, The Voice, Project Runway, Moral Orel, Seinfeld, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?, The Office, Arrested Development, Degrassi: The Next Generation (prior to like 5 years ago), The Adventures of Pete & Pete, various cooking shows
Oh cool; Boardwalk is my favorite show.
Is it rare for you to find a man IRL physically attractive? Woman?
Did you vote or campaign in the last presidential election?
What is your reaction, if any, to The Lord of the Rings?
How satisfied are you with your circle of friends?
I'm sad that I never got a pic.
how many sex toys do you own?
Not at all. I am physically attracted to lots of people, but definitely more women than men. And I rarely gawk at a guy whereas I'm frequently sneaking glances at a pretty girl.
I voted for Obama
I'm weird. I grew up watching the 1977 cartoon version of The Hobbit because my mom is a total Tolkien freak. Tried to get me to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy when I was really young (elementary age). I did try, but didn't get far. I didn't have much patience for reading before age 12 or so. For years she talked about how they were going to make movies and finally, nearly a decade later they did. Unfortunately, I'm about as far from a movie buff as someone can be. I've only seen the first of the trilogy and have yet to even see The Hobbit. I feel really guilty about it considering I still know the words to "The Greatest Adventure" and DO like Tolkien's world. Also a fan of Ursula K. Le Guin.
Not satisfied. I loved the people I hung out with in college, but everyone spread out after graduating and I'm back in my hometown now. I have a few childhood friends I hang out with occasionally, but I have to drive to Orlando to see the handful of college friends still there. What I long for lately is a female friend my age that I can confide in and experience things with... everyone's settling down
I sent some
Well. I have five technically, but I only use one -- my vibrator/dildo. I have a set of 3 different sized rubbery plugs/dildos, but I'm going to throw them away soon because I think I'm allergic to them. I also have a jewel plug (stainless steel), but it's also worthless because it came with the very point just barely chipped and that isn't safe obviously. I tried using it once anyway and removing it was not a good time.
I just made that question really unsexy
haha i know what you mean though, i have thrown a few things away for similar reasons