ART Vagabond II

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
http://www.innovatronix.com/explorerXT.asp

Check this out instead. More capacity, compatible with more lights. Expandable battery power. Built like a goddamn tank.
I think that's what I'm going to buy in a while for my BXRi 500's.

I was going to get a Vagabond or MiniLithium but after seeing a thread on FM where Paul Buff was a whiny little douche when people made minor suggestions to improve useability I don't feel like giving that fucking ginger a cent. :mamoru:

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Yeah! So far I haven't been able to find a good pack that works well with bivoltage strobes like the BXRi500's, supposedly that's one of the improvements here.

mr_ecktid

Feb 14, 2006
DFW
I've never heard of the Innovatronix stuff before, it looks pretty slick but pricey.

For those who use a lot of strobes in the field with softboxes/umbrellas, do yall use sandbags to keep them down? I've heard of some people using vagabonds or equivalents to keep the lightsands sturdy.

I would prefer to mini versions of the vagabond/innovatronix for convenience.

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
I've never heard of the Innovatronix stuff before, it looks pretty slick but pricey.

For those who use a lot of strobes in the field with softboxes/umbrellas, do yall use sandbags to keep them down? I've heard of some people using vagabonds or equivalents to keep the lightsands sturdy.

I would prefer to mini versions of the vagabond/innovatronix for convenience.

I have sandbags but I use my Vagabond. It works fine to help secure my lightstand.

mr_ecktid

Feb 14, 2006
DFW
I have sandbags but I use my Vagabond. It works fine to help secure my lightstand.

Are you happy with your setup (vagabond + sandbags) or would you prefer the mini and the sandbags?

Doesn't really matter now since all of paul buffs stuff is backordered til hell freezes over

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
Are you happy with your setup (vagabond + sandbags) or would you prefer the mini and the sandbags?

Doesn't really matter now since all of paul buffs stuff is backordered til hell freezes over

I would probably prefer the mini since I already own sandbags and there are times where I don't need the weight to hold the stands steady. However when I'm shooting on location and it's a bit windy, I only have to carry the vagabond instead of a mini + sandbags.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
There a local guy here selling one for 275 or two for 400.

I can pick up the 2/400 one if you wanna split :mamoru: since I'm looking for one of these anyway :o

Edit: nm. The 2/400, one needs a replacement battery. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448