ART Valladolid, Mexico C&C

Chicle

Sep 19, 2003
Cancun, Mexico/Milwaukee, WI
We took another road trip this weekend to Valladolid yesterday. The plan was to head over there to check out some wedding rings because supposedly they have good gold prices over there but it turns out we couldn't find any good jewelry stores. So it turned out to be a good photo day. I haven't been feeling super good about my photography lately, I feel like I've taken a fair amount of images but nothing that stands out. So here are some images from yesterday's trip.

Honestly let me know what you guys think, what could I do better? what should I work on? I've got plenty of time to practice photography while I'm down here but don't feel like I'm improving too much.

1. Kid selling a turtle on the side of the road.
valladoli2.jpg

2. Road side market
valladoli1.jpg

3. San Servacio Church (built in the 1500's and reconstructed in the 1800's)
valladoli3.jpg

4. Inside the Church
valladoli4.jpg

5. San Servacio
valladoli6.jpg

valladoli5.jpg

valladoli11.jpg

valladoli7.jpg

9. Candelaria Church
valladoli8.jpg

valladoli9.jpg

valladoli10.jpg

12. San Bernardino (Built in 1552)
valladoli12.jpg

valladoli13.jpg

14. Temozón
valladoli15.jpg

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Cool stuff...viva Mexico!

#7 and #10 stood out to me just because they're unique. A lot of the other stuff is sorta ho hum and rather ordinary (#1 is OOF).

TS
TS
Chicle

Chicle

Sep 19, 2003
Cool stuff...viva Mexico!

#7 and #10 stood out to me just because they're unique. A lot of the other stuff is sorta ho hum and rather ordinary (#1 is OOF).

Thanks.

Thats what I'm kind of feeling with my pictures down here. I've seen hundreds of old churches and old cities and everything looks similar right now. Trying to figure out a way to make things interesting but I'm really struggling.

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
#1 is oof
#2 while it is sort of interesting, i think you needed to use a different point of view, this looks like it was taken from a standing position, bending down could have ended up being a more interesting shot
#8 if that is your chick you need to get her more into the shot, smile, laugh, etc.. she looks pissed :hsd:

#4, 7, 13 are my favorites of the bunch..

there are tons of interesting things to take pics of in mexico, some in the tourist areas, but most are where the locals go.. IE: small local restaurant that everyone goes to for lunch, food shots, shots of the line, etc..

TS
TS
Chicle

Chicle

Sep 19, 2003
#1 is oof
#2 while it is sort of interesting, i think you needed to use a different point of view, this looks like it was taken from a standing position, bending down could have ended up being a more interesting shot
#8 if that is your chick you need to get her more into the shot, smile, laugh, etc.. she looks pissed :hsd:

there are tons of interesting things to take pics of in mexico, some in the tourist areas, but most are where the locals go.. IE: small local restaurant that everyone goes to for lunch, food shots, shots of the line, etc..

Thanks.

Yeah realizing that about #1
Good point on #2
Yeah #8 is the fiancee, she isn't a big fan of me taking pictures of her but then after the fact she's like "oh yeah that would have been a cool picture"

I guess another thing I need to work on is actually using my camera in all settings, I feel weird about taking pictures with random people. Just do it?

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
#1 is oof

Good points...

Looking for things and perspectives not commonly seen will maybe add some new spice? We've all seen snapshots of Mexico, I want a new look. :wiggle:

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
Have you got lightroom/photoshop/anything that is capable of leveling out the tilted shots

I'm not the most picky, but some of them are seriously tilted and it's super annoying

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
I like the closeups 6 and 11 actually.. very vibrant colours that hint you're in a place like mexico, but don't actually show it explicitly.. know what I mean?

If you had several shots like that you could probably make a cool collage, wall-art kinda image

TS
TS
Chicle

Chicle

Sep 19, 2003
Have you got lightroom/photoshop/anything that is capable of leveling out the tilted shots

I'm not the most picky, but some of them are seriously tilted and it's super annoying

Yeah I have lightroom, I edited them quickly but now looking over them I have no idea what I was doing. I must have had my head tilted while editing them :rofl:

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
They're cool with it, I've been traveling down here for the last 6 years and have gotten to know everyone before we even started dating. A lot of people joke around saying I'm more Mexican then she is.

while you are down there check out some of the cenotes' see if you can get some neato pics with some interesting lighting.. try to keep your camera dry though..

I was in playa in november.. lovely place.. drove a pos rental car all over :bigthumb:

TS
TS
Chicle

Chicle

Sep 19, 2003
while you are down there check out some of the cenotes' see if you can get some neato pics with some interesting lighting.. try to keep your camera dry though..

I was in playa in november.. lovely place.. drove a pos rental car all over :bigthumb:

Hopefully in the summer we'll hit up some more cenotes, definitely know what you mean with the lighting.

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
Hopefully in the summer we'll hit up some more cenotes, definitely know what you mean with the lighting.

tulum and coba offer some interesting landscapes for pics :bigthumb:

lots of stuff to shoot around you, hell you could probably get some decent shots of the overly aggressive salesmen approaching tourists in playa, i'm sure they have it around cancun as well.

fishermen, catch them when they are coming in from getting their day's catch..

I really need to go on another vacation. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan