GAME TECH Valve announces the Steam Deck portable gaming PC - Starting at $399

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

Operating SystemSteamOS 3.0 (Arch-based)
Display7-inch diagonal, 1200x800 px
Brightness400 nits
Refresh rate60hz
ProcessorAMD APU, Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz
Graphics8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz
Memory16GB LPDDR5 RAM
Storage64GB eMMC / 256GB SSD / 512GB SSD
Expandable storageYes, microSD card slot
BluetoothBluetooth 5.0
Wi-FiDual-band Wi-Fi radio, 2.4GHz and 5GHz
Headphone jack3.5mm stereo headphone / headset jack
Charging input45W USB Type-C PD3.0 power supply
Battery40Whr battery, 2 - 8 hours of gameplay
Size298mm x 117mm x 49mm
WeightRoughly 669 gramsSee

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
Well fuck it I'm getting one, gonna install a bunch of emulators, play for 8 minutes then not touch it for two years.

i already emulate up to ps2 on my phone

this thing better be able to play aaa stuff

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
That thing is fucking big.

I have a Razor 15 with a 3080 in it, might buy one of these too because why the F not.
Yeah. I pre-ordered one as well just cause well, I only have a desktop. Once I start traveling again this would be way better than doing Xbox live pass from my tablet.

Reactions: victor77

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Yeah. I pre-ordered one as well just cause well, I only have a desktop. Once I start traveling again this would be way better than doing Xbox live pass from my tablet.
Nice.

Slightly on the fence because I have a Switch that I never use. That's mostly due to the lack of interesting games though, if I had my whole Steam library available on a similar device I'd probably use it a lot more often.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Nice.

Slightly on the fence because I have a Switch that I never use. That's mostly due to the lack of interesting games though, if I had my whole Steam library available on a similar device I'd probably use it a lot more often.
Yeah. My wife has a switch too and she goes through her stints of using it and not. I know I won't use this as much as my PC but it will definitely get used when I'm hanging out on the couch or traveling or something.

Reactions: victor77

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
kind of depends what kind of games you usually play on steam. if all you play is CS:GO or Dota or something like that i can’t imagine this being too appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My PC is a Best Buy special from 2017, it can’t run much on Steam and is mostly my daughter’s PC now for Roblox.

I might buy this instead of the new Series Xbox.

ichigomon

CEO of Having a Good Time
Aug 21, 2021
Denver
My PC is a Best Buy special from 2017, it can’t run much on Steam and is mostly my daughter’s PC now for Roblox.

I might buy this instead of the new Series Xbox.

it’ll be curious to see what game performance and graphical capability is like compared to the new Xbox. at the very least there’s a much bigger and better library of games to play on Steam

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
The Nvidia shield tablet Congress to mind reading this.

I don't know if they still do that but the shield was awesome back in the day. Just give us a new version of that with a steam label

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
Kind of weird since you can buy Battlefield on Steam now, but I think you still need origin. No clue how they'll handle that.
I don't know how origin handles it's games. Nfs the run, sim city, and sim city societies (don't make fun I love that simple game) don't show up in it, I have to launch them from something else which opens origin to play them.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19