VBGOD passed away

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
I did the voice for the first release of that :o

No, I don't know. :(

:naughty: that's badass!
oh, i remember that. it was like a bluetooth adapter on a lancet, right ? it was shooting that data to his computer. i thought he was trying to get it like mass made and sold?

Yeah. Provided graphs and other analytical tools as well as food journals. It was pretty sweet.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
He was diagnosed as an adult iirc. Surprising he had complications already. :(
In my experience with diabetes, especially Type 1, it largely comes down to how well the person manages their blood sugar, not just on a daily basis but overall, with the goal of limiting swings as much as possible.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
oh man, this fucking sucks donkey kong dick

he refused to believe I was female till I spoke with him on the phone, and from then on out, any time he couldn't find his phone, he'd message me on aim and tell me to call him

we had so many great conversations over the years

damn you diabetes

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
In my experience with diabetes, especially Type 1, it largely comes down to how well the person manages their blood sugar, not just on a daily basis but overall, with the goal of limiting swings as much as possible.
:werd: My wife was diagnosed with Type 1 about 1.5yrs ago. All this freaks me out.... given he still had his software etc. It sounded like he was on top of everything.

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Rip vb.
It's a horriable disease a good friend just passed from not controlling it.

///TRASH

🤙 Chill Vibes Only 🤙
Jan 20, 2001
San Diego, California
That's generally true. Some complications can result in immediate death (like with OTer Monk passing in his sleep w/ hypoglycemia) and others slowly break the body down due to excess sugar in the blood damaging capillaries and organs. He seemed to be proactive about his care, which is why his death really surprises me :(

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Oh no :(

Never understood why he left. He seemed like a good dude
I think he just got busy with life :dunno:

We kept in touch for a while after he moved to CA, but once he got a girlfriend, the phone calls got more infrequent until they completely stopped, and although I missed talking to him, I also know that's just how things go. Not sure if he left OT before or after he moved.

Reactions: SlowNegative

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teokennet