VBGOD passed away

kill_turu_kill

Turu the Terrible
OT Supporter
Nov 20, 2003
Fuck Diabetes, lost my best friend to Type 1. He was diagnosed as a child, and his parents were told he probably would not live past the age of 30. He made it to 47.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Im with you on this one. My oldest daughter has it. Nothing like waking up at 3 am because your daughter has gone into a hypoglycemic coma and wont wake up.
Yeah, its a fucking shitty disease. My long time ex-girlfriend was a Type 1 diabetic. She was diagnosed with it in her freshman year of college, while she was on a volleyball scholarship. She was pretty bad about managing the A1C, would get really defensive about certain hypo/hyper incidents, etc.

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Imagine passing and your OT memorial thread was nothing but references to your cookies.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Imagine passing and your OT memorial thread was nothing but references to your cookies.
they were really good cookies :p

I know he's been gone from OT for a long time, but I am really surprised this sticky thread is so slow going. Is there really so few of us left? :(

Thing is, I remember so little of what he was like on OT. I remember frantic, scared phone calls like "holy shit, I passed out on my bike on the bridge today and hit my head and I'm bleeding but I don't remember how I made it out of the road or got to the other side, someone must have helped me".

Yeah, he made cookies. Yeah, he had a foot fetish. But the diabetes really took up a lot of his life, or at least the part of it when I talked to him the most anyway. I'm glad to hear he got married and I hope that while he was he had a good/great life. I'm super sorry for his wife.

Reactions: Turboed_2

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec