Very unmotivated at work. Just counting down the hours to January when my promotion goes live. AMA

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Just sitting in the sales office fucking around on my phone. No desire to sell cars for the rest of the month. Already lost all commissions to a covid scare - never even fucking had that trash.

Sup fam. Ask me anything.

TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Whats the single biggest deep dicking you ever gave a customer?
Hmmmm

In terms of gross, or in terms of just completly fucking them?

Biggest deal I ever did was 11k or so. I've had a handful over 10k but most all of those were sold to people who could afford it.

The deepest dicking was likely the husband wife that came in looking for a challenger at dodge. Wanted new. Our parts sales rep was getting out of his challenger into a charger that very moment. I literally showed her the car as he was still cleaning it out. V6, RWD, garbage challenger but it had black wheels and black decals on a black car. Sharp lookin. Free n clear trade. I sold her a 2018 for more than she could have bought a brand new 2019 for.

Was around $9000 on the front. Paid me $2800ish. It needed an oil change cause we had just taken it in. I went and grabbed the car the next day from her house to put it through the shop. Turns out she was stuck at home because of a full autistic kid that needed 24/7 care.

Felt pretty bad I fucked her so bad. But she asked for it.

He mad

Jul 22, 2007
Hmmmm

Biggest deal I ever did was 11k or so. I've had a handful over 10k but most all of those were sold to people who could afford it.

The deepest dicking was likely the husband wife that came in looking for a challenger at dodge. Wanted new. Our parts sales rep was getting out of his challenger into a charger that very moment. I literally showed her the car as he was still cleaning it out. V6, RWD, garbage challenger but it had black wheels and black decals on a black car. Sharp lookin. Free n clear trade. I sold her a 2018 for more than she could have bought a brand new 2019 for.

Was around $9000 on the front. Paid me $2800ish. It needed an oil change cause we had just taken it in. I went and grabbed the car the next day from her house to put it through the shop. Turns out she was stuck at home because of a full autistic kid that needed 24/7 care.

Oof. Do you ever get people that come back after the fact and try and recoup money because they got a bad deal?

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
Hmmmm

Meh, if she was happy and didn’t know better :dunno:

TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
What does that mean? Salary no commission? Bonusv

Means I get paid on every deal the store does.

The current payplan is $5000 salary, 2% variable gross, $1000 for new car bonuses, $500-2000 for used car unit bonuses, and I can take a demo.

Store does $250-350k in gross. So $5k salary, $5000-7000 from making sure the store does well, plus unit bonuses.

Theyre likely going to try to pencil fuck me, because that's the way it is. The spot I'm taking over has always been the "used car manager" but I am going to be building the commercial department so I will be pushing for an additional commercial unit bonus for myself.

TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
When customers want a manual transmission does that change your sales approach at all?
Sure.

It tells me they're either uneducated or unrealistic.

We have nearly 15 different models of Chevy.

The camaro is the only new car left with a manual.

So unless they're here for one of those, I give them the facts of life and move on.

If they seem serious and are open to used cars, I put them on my watchlist and tell them I'll call if I see anything they might like.

Reactions: Bill The Butcher

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
Means I get paid on every deal the store does.

The current payplan is $5000 salary, 2% variable gross, $1000 for new car bonuses, $500-2000 for used car unit bonuses, and I can take a demo.

Store does $250-350k in gross. So $5k salary, $5000-7000 from making sure the store does well, plus unit bonuses.

Theyre likely going to try to pencil fuck me, because that's the way it is. The spot I'm taking over has always been the "used car manager" but I am going to be building the commercial department so I will be pushing for an additional commercial unit bonus for myself.
seems to take the pressure off selling each month so you have a stable salary and incentive to move cars. congrats btw.

Bill The Butcher

Nov 28, 2004
Chicago(land)
Sure.

It tells me they're either uneducated or unrealistic.

We have nearly 15 different models of Chevy.

The camaro is the only new car left with a manual.

So unless they're here for one of those, I give them the facts of life and move on.

If they seem serious and are open to used cars, I put them on my watchlist and tell them I'll call if I see anything they might like.

Didn't know that about Chevy so my question sorta sucks now :rofl: but thanks for answering.

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Hmmmm

@cooly is still pissed u snapped his moms neck

Reactions: hoody

intro_vert13

fuck them kids
OT Supporter
Feb 26, 2005
an offshore haven somewhere
what's your volume like during the holiday season? Do you have lots of buyers coming in hoping that they could make a deal before the new year starts? how incentivized are you to oblige them?

and oof, having to work the day after Xmas, esp on a weekend. Sorry man

TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Is “employee pricing for all” a crock of shit?
Not at all.

It was a joke on 2019 when they did "20% off msrp" in November and then switched to employee for all in December and it worked out to closer to 18% on most model.

But it absolutely not a crock of shit at all.

Reactions: phat🐄
TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I'm trying to buy a car in California.

I'm in Texas.

The dealership internet sales manager claims that their policy is cash only if they buyer is out of state. I can pay cash, but I don't want to and I'd end up refining it.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
:hmm:

Strange policy. Generally speaking it's the other way around - customer wants to pay cash but we get the deal approved for financing and write 2 contracts. Once the cash clears we shred the finance contract. If the money does not clear, we submit the financing. If that also doesn't fund, we are plenty covered to butt fuck them hard in court.

My suggestion would be to ask the dealer if they are okay if you get approved up to $xxx,xxx and get a blank check ready with the dealers name on it.

TS
TS
Do it To it

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
what's your volume like during the holiday season? Do you have lots of buyers coming in hoping that they could make a deal before the new year starts? how incentivized are you to oblige them?

and oof, having to work the day after Xmas, esp on a weekend. Sorry man
Been a ridiculously busy year. December has been good for the store without my help.

Yes people think they can get better deals though that's not true. We also have a lot of businesses trying to spend money for tax purposes.

52 Saturdays a year. I'm used to it.

Reactions: intro_vert13

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman