ART Victorian high country.

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Just got back from a few days in the Victorian snow country. I'm not a keen four wheel driver, but it got me places I haven't seen before.

First, I shot a quick video
[y]JTVkkTHV9E4[/y]

Then a couple of hours writing a story about it. (Too long a dribble for here..)

Here's two images from the trip. The first is my home-made yowie-suit to help me blend with the scrub a bit so as not to excite the local wildlife, the second is some four-wheel drive bloke who came bursting into the camp-ground with a couple of billion watts worth of spotties on his car...the skirt must be afraid of the dark..the tree was lit up from our campfire. Nice big one too...I love chainsaws....heheheh.

If you are interested in the rest, they are in the link above.

We have a wonderful country! I like to show it to people and encourage them to enjoy it!

Baz.
4hp1l3.jpg

2rykh08.jpg

Last edited:
TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Can anyone fix that bloody UTube link for me? I can never get them to work...it's supposed to play on this page instead of making you go to the UTube site.

Baz.

Last edited:

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Actually I was thinking about you the other day

I was watching this thing about this guy named Murray Fredericks, have you heard of him? He's awesome

He goes out for like a week at a time on a bicycle with a trailer full of water and a tent and equipment, deep into the salt flats of Lake Eyre, kilometres out so that he gets a 360' horizon of sky meeting flat salt flat with no mountains, trees, nothing. The stuff he shoots is fucking incredible... shoots time lapses, sunsets/sunrises, astro, clouds, storms, etc.

He really made me think of you and I thought you'd be really interested in his shit

http://www.murrayfredericks.com.au/

Pretty sure this is the trailer for the self-filmed (he goes out alone) documentary I watched:

[y]-v4U-V61rsk[/y]

awesome stuff

the trailer focuses more on his time-lapse stuff since its more dynamic and attention grabbing for a 90-sec trailer, but his photography is fucking unreal and his main passion. He takes a large format view camera out there with him and shoots his stills with that.

http://www.google.com.au/search?tbm...cks&gbv=2&aq=0&aqi=g3g-m1&aql=&oq=murray+fred

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
LOL! Thanks mate!

I was talking to Murray on the timescapes.org forum when he was putting SALT together. We all waited with baited breath for the release. I would love to be able to afford to leave my life behind for the time it takes to make something like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana