GUN VLTOR Modstock

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I want to get a VLTOR Modstock for my AR build, the regular one like Sardaukar has...not the clubfoot.

The VLTOR site has two Modstock kits and I'm not sure what the difference is. :o It looks like one comes with another set of cheek welds or something but I'm not sure.
Sardaukar, which kit did you get? :o

Since I'm doing my own build, it doesn't matter whether or not I pick mil-spec or commercial, correct? I read that VLTOR makes a mil-spec tube anyways that correct?

Market Garden

Can't help you with the first part. You can get either the mil-spec or the commercial, it doesn't matter. Just make sure that you get the buffer and tube that match the stock. The mil-spec buffer tube is smaller than the commercial, so if you get a commercial stock and a mil-spec buffer they'll go together, but it'll be loose, and that's not good. Basically, just make sure you get all mil-spec or all commercial.

johnson

Nov 21, 2003
The threads on milspec and commercial tubes are different also.

Are you putting together a carbine length or mid length rifle?

Last edited:

Sardaukar

OT Supporter
May 3, 2005
I bought kit #ACK-2S, but am not using the cheek weld adapters. I'm using the long storage compartments to hold extra CR123A batteries. Not even sure where the cheek weld adapters are. :mamoru:

Do you also need the buffer, spring, receiver extension, etc.? If not, I would just buy a basic kit like
ACB-2S.

IMG_5610-900w.jpg

Market Garden

The only difference I recall is that commercial tubes have a slightly larger diameter than milspec.

Yeah, the external diameter of the commercial tubes is roughly the same as the crest of the threads. The milspec tube is slightly smaller in diameter than the crest of the threads. The threads are (they have to be) the same though. Mlispec tubes might have what looks like 2 different threads, but it's the same thread pitch just cut into the place in the tube where the diameter changes.

TS
TS
thedude11

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX
Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I thought mil-spec tubes were slightly larger than commercial... :o

I do need need all the parts Sardaukar so I'll have to get the kit. So yours isn't setup with the "cheek welds".. you have the compartment storage ones on instead? I think it looks good that way anyways...:dunno:

phrozenlikwid

Jul 13, 2007
NKY
Honestly, why do commercial tubes/stocks even exist?

It doesn't seem like you'd save any money as a business, I don't hear of either being more durable/reliable, and it's just a pain in the ass for consumers.

Fucking AR people...... I swear.

TS
TS
thedude11

thedude11

Aug 11, 2003
ATX

Sardaukar, do you ever have any problems getting your cheek on the stock? Some have said when it's extended, you might find yourself on the tube and the stock. Is that an issue I should be concerned with or have you not had any problems with that?

Sardaukar

OT Supporter
May 3, 2005

Sardaukar, do you ever have any problems getting your cheek on the stock? Some have said when it's extended, you might find yourself on the tube and the stock. Is that an issue I should be concerned with or have you not had any problems with that?

Works fine for me. I'm short. :mamoru: My stock is only extended one stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan