Wait, they rebooted Walker Texas Ranger?

TS
TS
Narc

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
I have no idea who this new Walker is for. Starring Supernatural heartthrob and San Antonio native Jared Padalecki, the CW’s new reboot premiered last week. Much like Padalecki’s scruffy half-beard, the show bears little more than a superficial resemblance to its predecessor. Yes, Padalecki plays another guy named Cordell Walker (no relation), and he’s another tough-guy military vet who works for the Texas Ranger Division, this time out of its Austin headquarters. But this Walker is far from a lone wolf. In fact, the main conflict of the series is that Walker has way too many family obligations to ever get any work done. When we meet him, he’s returning from a yearlong undercover mission and reluctantly reuniting with his estranged family: his artsy and underappreciated teenage son; his angsty, disobedient teenage daughter; his brother, a gay assistant district attorney (who manages to convey both those attributes in a single breath); his loving yet overbearing and generally unimpressed parents. And that’s to say nothing of Walker’s professional and social circles, which include his new, mismatched partner, his former partner turned unsympathetic boss, and assorted mentors, friends, and admirers. All of them crowd in on Walker’s time, giving him constant grief about the demands of his job and making it all but impossible to do any Texas Ranger–ing.

• Haha
Reactions: Aviv

TopTuna

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2010
Arizona
A6xx9uv.jpg

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I love supernatural but nobody ever said that they watched it specifically for Jared Padaleki.

With that said, I haven't watched any of the Walker reboot and don't really have any intention to unless they get some other Supernatural alumni on there.

The premise on its own already isn't interesting enough, and Padaleki isn't a reason to overlook that.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
sam was the weaker of the two brothers for sure, in terms of acting (and in terms of attractiveness, he's good looking but he's not dean good looking).

so dean gets to go on a bonafide fuckin awesome show like the boys and sam gets this bullshit lmao

poor dude

i saw ads on the CW watching family feud in the breakroom at work and it looks like a hot plate of steaming shit.

• Haha
Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
I’m waiting for the Home Improvement reboot starring Jaden smith as the tool man and his wife Jill played by Melissa McCarthy

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
Saw the first ep. it was fine. I did watch supernatural and that’s the only reason I watched this first episode. That said I finished with an “it’s fine” feeling. I don’t see any real reason to continue watching.
(never saw full episodes of the original)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor