GUN Walther P99c AS ....... where to buy with best price?

s2k

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2002
corn field, iowa
happy.png

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
They seem to be anywhere from $600 - $650 on Bud's... but I don't see any in stock. :sad2:

Hypnos_VI

JENGA!
Apr 2, 2007
Portsmouth, NH
The AS trigger is a double/single action right?

double/single is correct

~9lb double action

when cocked the trigger will have almost no pull till its mid way break [where it will hold]. this is where you AS is. it will have a smooth 3-4lb pull back to where you will hear/feel a click. after that click [where you can comfortably hold until ready to fire [carefully if ever pointing at a living target, cuz it can be sensative]. after that second break its only 1/16" to release the striker :hsd:

Walther crew signing in. love it :bigthumb:

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
Now I know why my friend told me to check out the Walther P99 AS when I was looking at getting a G17, that's a really nice system and although ammunition is made well, it's nice to have that double action "second strike" in the case of a finicky primer.

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
I'd much rather have the same trigger pull every single time. Less to think about, less to screw you up in a high-stress situation.
Having all sorts of different trigger settings seems, to me anyway, to be a recipe for disaster should you actually need it to defend yourself.
Target practice? Sure, it's nice to have the lighter pull. But I believe you should practice while target shooting the exact same way it would be if you were using it for defense.

3 trigger settings? Nonsense.

bursty

Jan 26, 2007
MO<->TX
I'd much rather have the same trigger pull every single time. Less to think about, less to screw you up in a high-stress situation.
Having all sorts of different trigger settings seems, to me anyway, to be a recipe for disaster should you actually need it to defend yourself.
Target practice? Sure, it's nice to have the lighter pull. But I believe you should practice while target shooting the exact same way it would be if you were using it for defense.

allthatshit = QA trigger :bowdown:

Hypnos_VI

JENGA!
Apr 2, 2007
Portsmouth, NH

its only 2 trigger settings. your probably making it out to be more complicated than it really is.

first shot, long heavy pull, every shot there after is a short single action.

if the striker is cocked already, it will be a short pull.

the term anti stress is refering to the 1/4 of play between the single action and the break so your nervous ass doesnt shoot someone by accident :noes:

its sort of the built in safety of sorts...cuz be warned, this pistol has NO active safety!

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois

I'm not the ninja shooter that yar or ab are but I really don't notice it shooting off the reset.

Hypnos_VI

JENGA!
Apr 2, 2007
Portsmouth, NH
in all actuallyity tho, go to the store, put one in your hand, and try out the different triggers. i personally like a really light pull, and the AS is my fav.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan