War of the Worlds

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
Started watching on Epix, anyone else watching this?

It's not a british show, but they did a pretty decent job so far, Season 2 is the first production since covid for the Brits.

I am almost done with Season 1. If you are looking for a new version check it out.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Nothing will ever top the orson welles radio play though.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Lmao the final act had way too much Spielberg schmaltz
The whole "yay, we all met up at grandma's house, and nobody was hurt" bit was too much for me. Too many close calls with only good outcomes.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
The whole "yay, we all met up at grandma's house, and nobody was hurt" bit was too much for me. Too many close calls with only good outcomes.
exactly

spielberg can't resist his impulses to make happy endings despite how unbelievable they might be way too often

he's like stephen king in that he can absolutely ruin a good thing with a trash ending

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
More story, character drama and sub titles. No laser beams
I was hesitant when you said no laser beams but this shows pretty damn good so far. I'm halfway through and it's super suspenseful and the characters are really well written

Could have done without the incest rape though :yikes:

Reactions: jgon842

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6