We are letting my brother in law move into our house

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
I get to laugh, because my father in law is in this same boat. Except he got his bro a camper and parked it in remote corner of his 30 acre farm, so technically he is far better off than you. The only rule he has is if you come near the house at night, you COULD get shot.

mdash

Oct 10, 2013
Florida
He is a grown man.

Rule 1. Act like a grown man.
Rule 2. See Rule 1.
Most ITT are giving this kid too much credit. He's perpetually trying to right the ship, already has a kid he can't support, and clearly needs a set of rules to follow to get his shit in order.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Most ITT are giving this kid too much credit. He's perpetually trying to right the ship, already has a kid he can't support, and clearly needs a set of rules to follow to get his shit in order.
irregardless, giving him a list like this will most likely only inspire him to bang the dude's daughter

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
:rofl: do you actually think that hell follow the rules when you're not home? Seriously just tell him that he can stay there for x amount of time and that if he doesn't find a job you'll kick him out. Once he does have a job he owes rent (low amount that he can afford and still save with) and if he doesn't pay then you'll kick him out.

You don't have to run a prison. You want him out, give him a reason to get out. Don't beat him down even more.

Firewall97

stay awhile and listen
Dec 28, 2002
Iowa
11. If you use the restroom for taking a shit, the houseowner(s) must be notified prior to you flushing the toilet. In addition to that, at all times, you must sit when you pee. Toilet paper will be provided at no charge and must be loaded in accordance to the diagram which will be provided to you in this study packet.

RoudyruffKK

Jan 22, 2004
Seal Beach, CA
I had a real good friend that asked to live with us when we first bought our house for very minimal rent and I just told him what I expected if he was to live here, most of it was on cleanliness and guest rules since we had certain issues we were dealing with as well.

we gave him some rules to teach him responsibility and to make his stay here comfortable but not so comfortable that he'll stay here for years.

OrionDartanyu

I don't think I'm as revolutionary as Galileo, but
Jan 1, 2007
Chicago
y0leJcu.png

Hellequin

Oct 3, 2011
Jesus Christ anybody that would actually write those rules and act like it's totally normal has got to be the biggest uptight faggot around.

Monk

Oct 5, 2006
Milwaukee
Irregardless of what the trolls ITT say, I think you're right to not let him near the E4300. We're not talking about XP home here.

P2kwHH1l.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec