We buried my dad yesterday. Let me introduce you to him.....

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX
I'm in fucking tears right now, that has never happened from a thread

I'm so sorry for your loss but it seems you were fortunate enough to know an awesome person like that in your life.

whale_hunter

Mensa Member
Jul 15, 2007
Awesome thread.

I was just in mundelein ten minutes ago now in Vernon Hills. Did you go to Washington elementary school? That's where I went for 3rd and 4th grade after moving from libertyville.

Any more old pics of this area?

NSX

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
la la land
Condolences.

Shit man, my mother is a year older than your dad. Damnit, I dread the day when I'm in your shoes. :(

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
Wow. Very well done.
You should be proud of both your Father and yourself for letting us know about him.

I lost my Dad when I was 13 and it changed me forever. Be very happy you had yours as long as you did and how proud you made him by having a family of your own.

Thanks for making my Wednesday better by learning about your Dad.

TS
TS
Stylerod

Stylerod

150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:
Dec 23, 2001
150MPH in a Swimsuit :eek3:!
Awesome thread.

I was just in mundelein ten minutes ago now in Vernon Hills. Did you go to Washington elementary school? That's where I went for 3rd and 4th grade after moving from libertyville.

Yes, that's where I went. Then Carl Sandburg Jr High and then Mundelein High.

The picture of my dad and I standing in the doorway is an apartment complex that was right on 45 between McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts. They are still there. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.267...bTKg4toTNtFfPwS6-Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Here is a picture of my dad and me at Kracklauer Park, probably around 1967.

Vu8Y36f.jpg

Vivid

Show Ignored Content
Aug 6, 2002
Awesome thread.

I live in Libertyville :eek3:

somer

Jul 7, 2003
FL
Tilly hat? my dad wears one of those for golf, its so fucking ugly/funny though :rofl:

whale_hunter

Mensa Member
Jul 15, 2007
Awesome, I love old pics of this area. You're about 8 years older than me...my favorite teacher was Mrs. Deli. Does that name ring a bell?

TS
TS
Stylerod

Stylerod

150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:
Dec 23, 2001
150MPH in a Swimsuit :eek3:!
Probably the last pictures.

At the cemetery yesterday.

My sons in front, my dads step sons (wife's brothers) with them. Even though my wife's brothers were all adults when my dad married my wife's mom, they all considered him their father. They loved him and he loved them...

9A4wlGl.jpg

The Honor Guard giving rifle salute.

b6U0Zlk.jpg

My wife's mom getting the flag from the Honor Guard.

j6tb21X.jpg

She then handed it to me. She wanted me to have it.

I5D8fWE.jpg

We went today and spread all the flowers from the service out on his grave. It makes the bare dirt look better :hs:

And hey everyone, thanks so much for the really, really nice words. I think making this thread and sharing my dad has really helped me some. :wtc:

Last edited:

OG Sweet Ass

Callin to see who asked u
OT Supporter
Mar 30, 2006
Maryland Beach.
I feel like I kinda know the guy just from looking at these wonderful memories/highlights in his life. Thanks for sharing them, and I am sorry for your loss. He seemed like a good guy. :hug:

Things of note: Your wife is very pretty! I take it from all the hawaiian stuff, she is from Hawaii? Your sons look so different! One looks like you (the taller one) and the younger one doesn't look anything like him, much more like your wife. :wiggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec