we got a woodwind instrument crew?

Dick Dale

Martha Stewart candy fuchsia on the sewage Buick
Oct 12, 2020
I always wanted to play a double bassoon.

How hard could it be?

what sort of professional prospects lie in wait as the greatest double bassoon player of the century which I'm no doubt slated to become if I put 110% into it?

the_loper

thas my hammah
Jul 17, 2001
San Antonio/Houston
Played alto and tenor sax. All I know is that the double-reed instruments like oboe and bassoon are a bastard to learn. You can get scholarships if you're good.

DizzyEdge

Vax me Trudaddy
OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2007
Calgary, AB
Played clarinet in highschool. Still have it but haven't played in so long that all of the cork has disintegrated. Thinking of selling it and buying a trumpet, oboe, or duduk.

novo

how's your dad?
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
Low Haight
i used to play tenor sax for a band. I still have one and bust it out every once in a while but it's too loud to play in an apartment

been thinking about getting an akai ewi

EWI4000sSide2.jpg

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
i used to play tenor sax for a band. I still have one and bust it out every once in a while but it's too loud to play in an apartment

been thinking about getting an akai ewi

EWI4000sSide2.jpg
I saw one of these at a garage sale like 25 years ago. Regret not buying.

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Played alto and tenor in high school. I was really good for a hs player.. Really regret not playing and losing the skill, but where the fuck am I going to play a saxophone?
My dad randomly bought an old soprano sax that he though was a clarinet at a flea market and gave to me. Then when I moved and stored some shit at the house it disappeared.

Really wish I would have played drums in band as I think I would still play. I picked it up a little in high school but never got good. Learned guitar at 13 and still play.

Reactions: Cicada

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman