SPORTS Wednesday afternoon football- Steelers/Ravens 3:40 NBC

hypntyz

OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
east TN
12:40 here. What the fuck is this? I would hope they think up a peppy new intro for WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON FOOTBALL.
No one in the stands.
Who needs drugs?
We got 2020.
Apparently they couldnt have it Thursday because FOX would get mad about NBC taking that slot. And they couldnt have it wednesday night because NBC was already under contract for some christmas tree lighting ceremony later in the evening or some shit.

They are trying every way possible not to delay games into "week 18" except as an absolute last resort, because if they utilize that slot now and more covid issues pop up in the remaining weeks, they are SOL on those games. Then you wind up with forfeits, players not getting paid, uneven number of games played for some teams which could impact playoff seeding etc.

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
What part of it is a joke? Or do you mean the NFL in general is a joke?

Do We Need Football in America This Badly?
The N.F.L.’s efforts to keep the season going are reaching heights of absurdity as the pandemic worsens. It’s time to pause.

Ceaze

he/him
Jun 4, 2000
I like how the previous positives got the game postponed twice but after yesterday's positives they said fuck it

Toodles

Don't ever give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping!
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2002
Swampsville
I like how the previous positives got the game postponed twice but after yesterday's positives they said fuck it

And when all of the Broncos' QBs were potentially exposed or tested positive, Goodell still forced them to play even without a QB on their roster :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman