FIT Welp bros. I'm back. 10 months after my shoulder injury and 6 months post surgery....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
if you guys dont remember or you are just a fucking n00b, then let me refresh your memories and fill you in.

me = bauce.

but i had a 180 degree full labral tear. had 7 anchors put in my shoulder to reattach the labrum, had severe arthritis and 3 pieces of cartilage removed from the joint from a history of dislocations and being a general fucking massive beast.

Today was my first day in the gym and my first day of eating like a healthy human being.

what I think occurred in the last ~10 months body composition wise.

I got hurt being around 205-210 lbs and id estimate 11% bodyfat. Today before training I weighed in at 190 and i have basically only my upper 2 abs showing and a flabby hairy pale stomach.

so id say i lost muscle and gained fat.

Did a full body workout today and had a fucking insane pump, amazing how i still look big with a pump after all that fucking time off. I'm really excited and just feel great to get back in the gym. I literally did baby weight, im going to really have to take it slow with shoulders and chest but back/biceps/triceps i got up to some decent numbers.

my doctor told me week 1 to go with the 10% rule of what i USED to train with for EVERYTHING, week 2 at 20% and so forth.

we will see how it goes. :bigthumb:

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
10 weeks and you'll be 100% and benching 50lb dbs again.

Hell yah bro! Welcome back!

TS
TS
Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
10 weeks and you'll be 100% and benching 50lb dbs again.

Hell yah bro! Welcome back!

Fuck dude, i really pray that happens! that would be amazing. just going to take it slow, but i was REALLY happy with how today went. I even did 30 minutes of cardio after. I've been in such a mental funk without training, I've tried to deny it but once its in you, without it you become a fucking weird, depressed fuck.

edit: just saw the 50lbs db remark...........:squint:

Dunken

Welcome to the team.
Dec 24, 2001
Tempe, AZ
what kinda stuff did your rehab consist of and are you still going to or need to do any of that stuff?

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
Fuck dude, i really pray that happens! that would be amazing. just going to take it slow, but i was REALLY happy with how today went. I even did 30 minutes of cardio after. I've been in such a mental funk without training, I've tried to deny it but once its in you, without it you become a fucking weird, depressed fuck.

edit: just saw the 50lbs db remark...........:squint:
Only joking about the 50s. Glad to see you back though.

TS
TS
Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

Apr 8, 2002
At the gym
what kinda stuff did your rehab consist of and are you still going to or need to do any of that stuff?

been in physical therapy 3x/week since my surgery on february 10th.

I cant fucking stand it. its kind of repetitive bullshit, my doctor just cleared me to go once a week or even once every two weeks so thats what im going to do, just to get stretched out, heat/stim/ice etc.

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland
Lol... Patty bates too beastly for his own shoulders.. Thats some "can god make a rock so big even he can't move it" kinda shit

Welcome back bro.. Good luck with the rest of your recovery

lexsynergy

Oct 7, 2001
Under the Sun
good to see you post again.... :big grin: i'm sure you will be doing it smarter this time around..i did, when i tore my labrum in jan, i did prp treatment, and started back after 3 months of being out of the gym, i started with lifting the bar for a week, sore as shit...then after 4 weeks, i made it back to 50lb dumbbells.. now 3 months into my workout, i'm at 90lb dumbbells on bench...with good form at 6 reps per set...and 90lbs is 10lbs more than i was doing before i tore it... good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan