Went and bought some more big bird meat

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
Was almost out and localish farm sent a few more birds to be turned into package sized peices, so texted my order in and drove over today to pick it up.

2x 1lb stir fry packages (filet pre sliced, great for steak tacos) $18lb
6lb ground (burgers, chili, whatever) $10lb
4 steaks $18lb

20210206-123221.jpg

Old photos from last visit and cook.

Resized-20200104-125412.jpg

Resized-20191127-162811.jpg

Resized-20191127-182730.jpg

TS
TS

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
What does it taste like?

Closest thing I can say is beef. Maybe venison might be a better comparison. But you wouldn't know if someone told you it was beef, just can't overcook it or it will get chewy and then doesn't taste the best.

Reactions: Jinx

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
Closest thing I can say is beef. Maybe venison might be a better comparison. But you wouldn't know if someone told you it was beef, just can't overcook it or it will get chewy and then doesn't taste the best.
looks pretty lean. i imagine cooking it beyond medium rare would be bad

TS
TS

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
id like to try it

They are setting up a small storefront at their house for order pickup and random purchases, they are turning part of the cattle barn into an enclosed space. They do want to ship with online sales, When that happens I'll let you know, they said today hoping by spring or early summer.

Reactions: gimpshiznit

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
i do quite a bit of business in St Louis. i try to make it down there once/year. once it's safe to travel ill be back down there. maybe ill fill up a suitcase with bird meat

TS
TS

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
i do quite a bit of business in St Louis. i try to make it down there once/year. once it's safe to travel ill be back down there. maybe ill fill up a suitcase with bird meat

Right on, it's about 45min outside out STL in Illinois. But if you travel again give me a heads up I can get you some and my work has an office across the street from the airport so would be simple to deliver to you.

TS
TS

talontsiawd

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2003
St.louis
For that cost why not just get beef?

Healthier, local farm, my family knows the family who owns/runs the farm and it's different.

We don't eat a lot of beef, I like the idea that I know where the meat comes from and technically it's organic. My family butchers a few cows a year but we stopped butchering with family because we just couldn't use a half a cow anymore. If I wanted to I could get a side of beef from family farm (black angus) but we just don't use it, so much ground beef just gets old so we stopped getting it.

Reactions: Jinx

MrBlonde

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2002
:wisconsin:
Healthier, local farm, my family knows the family who owns/runs the farm and it's different.

We don't eat a lot of beef, I like the idea that I know where the meat comes from and technically it's organic. My family butchers a few cows a year but we stopped butchering with family because we just couldn't use a half a cow anymore. If I wanted to I could get a side of beef from family farm (black angus) but we just don't use it, so much ground beef just gets old so we stopped getting it.
It sounds like such a pain to deal (overcooking) with but I've had worse. We eat more venison than beef when it comes to ground stuff but for steaks it's hard to beat beef.

I would indefinitely like to try some different meats but dumb expensive here.

Last edited:

Marty

Won Ton Animal Chin is Missing
May 23, 2000
have you seen him?
Was almost out and localish farm sent a few more birds to be turned into package sized peices, so texted my order in and drove over today to pick it up.

2x 1lb stir fry packages (filet pre sliced, great for steak tacos) $18lb
6lb ground (burgers, chili, whatever) $10lb
4 steaks $18lb

20210206-123221.jpg

Old photos from last visit and cook.

Resized-20200104-125412.jpg

Resized-20191127-162811.jpg

Resized-20191127-182730.jpg
Looks overcooked to me tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026