CAR Went out for a pint of British skim milk...

TS
TS
Ninja

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
Congrats :bowdown: Can we get a pic of the engine bay? :x:
Engine: Not much to see. It has a Hurricane intake system and Sport 160 throttle body.
engine.jpg

For the interior, I've already got a replacement steering wheel (all black suede w/ yellow center stripe) and I'm putting the stock black seat belts in. I also have black leather/suede door sills w/ yellow stitching on order to replace the worn green sill pads.

862814.jpg

It also has a green soft top (ignore the filth)
20211219_152936.jpg

TS
TS
Ninja

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
:bowdown:

Has the headgasket been replaced at this point?
Nope. I'm hoping it will last a few more years. I know the headgasket is the weakpoint on the Rover engines when their installed in a mid-engine layout.

It had the cam belt and water pump replaced a few months ago and I've got the upgraded remote thermostat kit on order. It's supposed to help prevent head gasket failure due to thermal shock.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Nope. I'm hoping it will last a few more years. I know the headgasket is the weakpoint on the Rover engines when their installed in a mid-engine layout.

It had the cam belt and water pump replaced a few months ago and I've got the upgraded remote thermostat kit on order. It's supposed to help prevent head gasket failure due to thermal shock.
Can a turbo timer like device help with thermal shock? You leave the car running on a timer after you lock doors and it has time to cool down a bit then turn off?

TS
TS
Ninja

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
Can a turbo timer like device help with thermal shock? You leave the car running on a timer after you lock doors and it has time to cool down a bit then turn off?
No, the thermal shock occurs during warm up, not cooldown. The bypass kit helps the engine warm up slowly, rather than suddenly opening the thermostat, so that should solve the problem.

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
My friend has a series 2. Loved that car but it was such a pain in the ass getting in and out of it due to the tub design and (wide) door sill.

Congrats on the purchase!

TS
TS
Ninja

Ninja

OT Supporter
Oct 15, 2002
UK
My friend has a series 2. Loved that car but it was such a pain in the ass getting in and out of it due to the tub design and (wide) door sill.

Congrats on the purchase!
The S1 is even worse since the door sills are higher and wider and the seat lower. The reason most old blokes sell their Elise is because the simply can't get in it anymore. :rofl:

Kevin

kwyjibo
Aug 27, 2002
Michigan
:rofl: for some reason, that line was going through my head the other day and I couldn't remember which OTer is was at the time
This happened to me the other day too, except with an OTers username.

Help me out....It was 2 words (I believe) Started with M. I think he had a weird clown av, and sadly he might have passed away.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
This happened to me the other day too, except with an OTers username.

Help me out....It was 2 words (I believe) Started with M. I think he had a weird clown av, and sadly he might have passed away.
Metallic Blue? :mb:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448