CAR Went out for milk, but then my boss called...

CJPA

Jan 14, 2002
AZ, USA
Ordered this December 2nd of last year. Just arrived at the dealer this morning. Paid MSRP...no deals to be had on this car unless you own a dealership.

Fmr28.jpg

#1241 of 3250 for the 2012 MY.

First thing after leaving the dealer I stopped at a fellow OTer's house and pulled the restrictor plates out of the side pipes, thing sounds MEAN. I have a set of mufflers in the garage already waiting to replace the stockers.

Then we broke her in with a 250mi round trip drive to Prescott AZ up the AZ 89, one of the most scenic drives in the country.

She pulls like a freight train all the way to the rev limiter at 7500 rpm. Clutch is way lighter than in my '06. Recaro seats are super-comfortable and supportive.

Pics:

HCynH.jpg

QDwqy.jpg

pH23G.jpg

WIIv2.jpg

iWqGC.jpg

Gauge sweep @ startup :mamoru:
qrJyt.jpg

hn57V.jpg

ibhate

Weather cooled off a bit here in AZ this week, took her in to get a baseline dyno.

2550 miles on the car now.
Mods: K&N filter, Roush Mufflers, Open sidepipes.

Run 2 (Red Line)is the K&N.
Run 4 (Blue Line) is the Stock Paper Filter.

Not much difference, K&N might have a slight advantage from 5000rpm to 6800 or so.

bsFvx.png

Last edited:
TS
TS
CJPA

CJPA

Jan 14, 2002
AZ, USA
A while back I heard someone those motors were going to be good to 7500 with a tune. Any truth to that?

The stock redline is 7500, and that is without the TracKey. They are supposedly built to withstand 8000 but are limited to 7500 for durability purposes--and you get to 7500 in a hurry.

Throttle response is great on the factory tune, I'm really impressed. No dead spots at tip-in or lag.

Edit: Compared to the "base" 5.0, the Boss engine has a full forged rotating assembly, CNC heads, tunnel-ram intake, lightened valvetrain, specific cams, etc etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan