GUN Went to a gunshow today :run:

01_Cruiser

An American Classic
OT Supporter
May 22, 2003
NC
Got there 5 minutes before the opening of the show, and was expecting a few people, but there were probably 250-300 people already waiting in line to get in. I got one of the last few parking spots, stood in line for about 15 minutes waiting to get in, and went in expecting to see $1500 AK's and $3000 AR's. To my surprise, 75% of the gun dealers had extremely competitive prices on evil guns and regular ones. There were 3 or 4 black rifle booths that were within $10-20 of internet prices (pre-price gouging), and that was with tax included. I was mainly there to browse, but there were two separate dealers there with GSG-5's priced at $499. One ALMOST came home with me, but I had to restrain myself :hs:

I was really hoping that I'd find some neat C&R stuff there, but nobody brought any. There wasn't a single dealer there with a mosin on the table. The only ones I saw were two shitty "WWII bring back" rifles that looked like someone bought an arsenal refinished 91/30 and m44 and drug them behind their pickup truck on a gravel road for a few miles, then dipped them in a mud/cosmoline cocktail and slapped a ridiculous pricetag on them.

One thing I was surprised at was how many norinco AK variations people had bought lord knows how many years ago and brought back out to sell at somewhat ludicrous prices.

Emfuser

Ghost of OT Past
OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2002
Irmo, SC
There's a gun show here in town this weekend and the place was completely fucking overrun. I drove by on the interstate and the gf and I were both :eek4: at the cars overflowed out of the parking lot EVERYWHERE.

GPK

Groovy
Apr 18, 2007
ATX
Coworker went to ours, said it was madness. Empty tables. $30 for surplus AK mags, $20+ for US GI mags and Pmags. Glad I didn't waste the trip.

Cannondale

The Texas Rattlesnake
Apr 17, 2007
Austin, TX
Coworker went to ours, said it was madness. Empty tables. $30 for surplus AK mags, $20+ for US GI mags and Pmags. Glad I didn't waste the trip.

I picked up a cleaning kit for my K31 and a muzzle cap for it as well, some Magpul mag rebuild pieces, 2 containers of USGI bore cleaner (The old stuff for corrosive ammo) and some political bumper stickers.

It was insane though, the line went out around the front of the building out to the street at one point. My father bought some AK mags, and was going to buy an AR lower but the line was really long.

GuiltySparc

OT Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Maryland
i think i'm just going to build a nice Remington 700 or some such bolt action rifle. They can look just as tacticool as ARs, wont ever be banned, a little more useful, and i enjoy shooting bolt actions. Fuck this pre-ban consumer blitz, lol.

DaninTexas

Aug 20, 2004
Dallas, Tx
i think i'm just going to build a nice Remington 700 or some such bolt action rifle. They can look just as tacticool as ARs, wont ever be banned, a little more useful, and i enjoy shooting bolt actions. Fuck this pre-ban consumer blitz, lol.

This

I am thinking I may sell my $200 WASR AK and make some cash on it. Then buy a 700 as well.

USMCsilver

Sep 24, 2003
Middle of SC
No jerky, but I did see a few fiddles.

Yes -- you read that right -- stringed instruments.

I was like, "WTF am I gonna do with that? Knock it up against some guy's head?"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor