Went to Bloomingdales saw this set of utensils

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Then I saw the price 🌚🥲
eex5GP0.jpg
30 minutes walking on the 3rd floor and not a single rep to help, went to Williams sonoma same problem no customer service.

all I wanted was some all clad pots 😕

cliffs: pandemic has made customer service non existent

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
Yup.

My mom worked for over 20 years as a department manager at Nordstroms and Macys. She was mentioning that there is now a shortage of CS people in retail. Either people don't want to risk of being in public or the unemployment pays better than what they would be paid to work.

There is also a growing trend of restaurant servers moving into retail has the shut downs have made that line of work uncertain.

Last edited:

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada

TRUTH. Had a very similar experience at a retailer recently.

It royally pisses me off seeing businesses blatantly slash operating costs (staffing, maintenance) under the guise of the pandemic. They then wonder why B&M retail is dying? Why would I make a trip out to the store when I can get superior customer service from the convenience of my home? And superior selection?

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Then I saw the price 🌚🥲
eex5GP0.jpg
30 minutes walking on the 3rd floor and not a single rep to help, went to Williams sonoma same problem no customer service.

macys = wait until you get it for 85% off orginal price with your Macys Card

Reactions: Nikuk and Mercedes

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
May 2, 2002
TRUTH. Had a very similar experience at a retailer recently.

It royally pisses me off seeing businesses blatantly slash operating costs (staffing, maintenance) under the guise of the pandemic. They then wonder why B&M retail is dying? Why would I make a trip out to the store when I can get superior customer service from the convenience of my home? And superior selection?

what a weird thing to be pissed off about

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
what a weird thing to be pissed off about

To expand on that a bit, it's moreso a piss off when companies use the pandemic as an excuse/crutch for anything or everything negative. Even when it really isn't relevant.

A better example: My insurance company does all of their business online or over the phone. Wait times are usually non-existent to speak with an agent. Pandemic hits and boom -- 1 hour plus wait times consistently. Recorded message indicates "due to these challenging times, wait times are longer than normal." Why? What about your business model has changed? Pretty much every call centre agent in Canada is working from home now?

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Then I saw the price 🌚🥲
eex5GP0.jpg

Acqire aesthetic mixing bowl, fit 2 rounds with dowels, drill holes, save monies for same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman