Went to Hialeah, FL....

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by SpectraRedZ, May 11, 2006.

1. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

and came back with this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It'll be a couple months before everything is done with my car, since theres a lot of fuel-related stuff we have to change (car is currently carb'd), but its gonna be tons o'fun when its finished.:coold: Its going into an 84 Z28 (which right now has the 305 [boat anchor!] and T5).

We picked the pullout up from Trans Am Creations.

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderador® Super Moderator

That's going to be lovely when it's finished. 3rd gen. + Gen. III/Gen. IV swap = best modern F-body.

3. machine81

machine81 New Member

Looks slow

4. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

it was $3995 for the LS1 and M6 together. not too bad.

one of our friends has a 91 RS vert with the swap in it already. its pretty sweet.

5. iansane

iansane Active Member

Does that mean that one of the cars in your yard will move? :)

6. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

:rofl: One of the few that will move under its own power. Hell, one of the few that does now. Most of the others are gonna go to a car graveyard.

7. Dannycam

Dannycam New Member

TA CREAtions is great....ive built my car through them. they are the best f-body store in teh country.

8. V!

V! New Member

A little inspiration for you to hurry up and get that into the 3rd gen

It's just crazy when you lose that much weight from a car and gain all the horsepower.

Good luck man, it took me 3 months to do mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. V!

V! New Member

Very nice, I have that exact set-up, but in a 1992, can't get a better car if you ask me

10. lt1aggie

lt1aggie what?

That's hawt :yum:

11. iansane

iansane Active Member

You were on thirdgen.org, weren't you? That teal RS with 19's and some other less than common things done to it?

12. V!

V! New Member

FLYNLOW92rs

That was me.........:wavey:

[​IMG]

13. iansane

iansane Active Member

:eek3: That shot is missing the whale tale I always saw it with...

14. V!

V! New Member

Yeah, I took it off, I think it looks much cleaner without it

www.cardomain.com/id/92camarors

There are the rest of the pictures, to the original threadstarter, what other mods to you have planned for the rest of the car, the suspension can't seem to be on par with the ls1 engine, they are in need of an upgrade.

15. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I'm a girl ;)

Cant wait for it to be in my car though ... sucks looking at it just sitting there waiting, but we've got a few more things to pick up before we can drop it in. I'm hoping it'll be done by the end of June/beginning of July. We're getting the crossmember tomorrow, and ordering a Walbro fuel pump tonight or tomorrow. Got an IROC "parts car" to get the fuel tank & lines out of. Getting a wiring harness out of a 91-92 TBI car for the gauges and whatnot since the conversion box for the current gauges is $$$$. Then it'll get exhaust put on, and someday (*sigh*) it will get headers.

Eventually there will be suspension upgrades. We just need to get everything in and running and get it back on the road (cars around here seem to die at the most inconvienient times). Suspension will be one of the last things we do.

And like I said in one of the post your car threads, love your 3rd gen :).

16. V!

V! New Member

Seems like you have a pretty good plan there, I just might want to mention that there is still one gauge on the 91-92 TBI car that doesn't work with the LS1, everything else will work fine.

Headers for the car are some serious $$$$, I would personally go for the long tubes as shorties are a real PITA to get working. If you have the chance, get a tubular cross member since it will open up alot of room underneath for exhaust.

Sorry for the mistake of calling you a guy, don't run into alot of female thirdgen enthusiasts, thanks for the kind words and good luck with the swap, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me

17. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

There's a wait list on the tubular crossmember, so we're gonna hop on it, but put a regular one in there til it comes in. I think its a 6 week wait for all the different tubular ones (Spohn, BMR, I think PA Racing was one too, cant remember, so many different car parts needed!)

Headers are made by only one person we've found so far, and they're $800. We definitely want the longtubes. But until we find $800 to drop on here too (at the same time of doing this, we're also trying to save money for a house downpayment in the next 2 yrs or so), we're just gonna find something to stick in for exhaust.

Common mistake ya made on calling me a guy haha, its all fine. Not many people believe I have a 3rd gen until they see it, and even then they ask if its my bf's, or my dad's or something. The username doesnt really give it away either, like the name I have on the car forums (CamaroGirl).

I'll be sure to PM ya/add to this thread once the swap starts if we have any questions, and there'll be in-progress & completed pics when all is done :)