GUN went to the gunshow for a box of ammo and......

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Powderburn, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

came home with a Yugo SKS 59/66 in exc. condition and a Russian Mosin M44 in excellent cond. :hsd:

got both rifles and the vendor threw in 2 boxes of 7.62x54R rounds....got it all for 320 out the door...i think i did ok today :)

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

Yugo SKS - $150
    M44 - ~$120

You probably had to pay tax on them, so that combined with being able to see them in person was worth the extra $$$

3. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

heres how i decided to do this....i checked online and found exc. SKS going for 130-140 dollars....ok fine...so add 20 for shipping and another 35-40 for a transfer fee....add 5 for background check...and where are you at? youre at 190 dollars....as for the mosin? theyre less expensive but still....figure 140 dollars after all is said and done....

so with that said yes, i had to pay state sales tax and 5 dollars for a background check....i also had to pay a 5 percent fee cuz i paid w/ a credit card (very lame i know)....so i definitely broke the guys balls a little bit and talked him down to a reasonable "out the door" price
    shot both rifles today and im satisfied with my purchase.....considering giving my father the mosin for dads day.....but shes so purty i may have to unclamp my hands from it first

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:cool:
    good deal, theres a realy nice sks at this local fleet shop that they only want 120 for, but im saving for something else. i just cant make up my mind:wtc: