WFH crew - bump this thread whenever you do something you couldn't do with an in-office job.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
My wife had a half day at her school today because of Back to School Night, so she got home at 12:15 and I cleared my schedule for a few hours. :naughtyd:

Then, we went out for Pho, and now i'm back at the house waiting for the kids to get off the school bus.

Pretty solid day, IMO.

Tiny Dancer

OT Supporter
May 6, 2016
My wife had a half day at her school today because of Back to School Night, so she got home at 12:15 and I cleared my schedule for a few hours. :naughtyd:

Then, we went out for Pho, and now i'm back at the house waiting for the kids to get off the school bus.

Pretty solid day, IMO.
Sounds like prime time for a nooner.
I hope you took advantage.

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
last year old me would hate that i am saying this, but i do dislike that i don't feel connected at all to people at my company. that said, i would never trade it off for being in the office, but it feels strange to be so "sanctioned off"

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'd planned on going architect or consultant starting in 2024, but when I was scouted to be an AGILE IDM Lead and turned that down for similar reasons to not wanting to be a manager again the VP in charge of that asked what my plans were. Told him the first part of the last sentence and he said "well we've got a domain architect position opening up over Infrastructure that'll report directly to me, I think you should apply for that".

THE SUBTEXT AS THEY SAY

WAS UNDERSTOOD :rofl:
Well apparently the subtext was bullshit because someone IMMINENTLY more qualified than me came in and grabbed up this position. :rofl:

She's got 5 fucking degrees, including an honest to fuck PhD to my piddly little 1 bachelors, and over a dozen relevant certificates, including 3 agile certs to my 1.

The question I have is why she's even here with that kind of qualification and if it's not bullshit how long she'll stay in the position before moving on/up. :rofl:

Oh well, not like I lost anything since I've still got a great job, just sucks that I was basically scouted only to have a major league-r come out of no where and sweep the job out from under me.

Really REALLY hope they verified her transcripts though, when I saw those degrees I honestly called bullshit internally. The job pays well, but someone that qualified should be looking at high 6 figures/low 7 figures, not the $190k-$240k range I know they're offering for that job.

• Support
Reactions: Scoob_13

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Well apparently the subtext was bullshit because someone IMMINENTLY more qualified than me came in and grabbed up this position. :rofl:

She's got 5 fucking degrees, including an honest to fuck PhD to my piddly little 1 bachelors, and over a dozen relevant certificates, including 3 agile certs to my 1.

The question I have is why she's even here with that kind of qualification and if it's not bullshit how long she'll stay in the position before moving on/up. :rofl:

Oh well, not like I lost anything since I've still got a great job, just sucks that I was basically scouted only to have a major league-r come out of no where and sweep the job out from under me.

Really REALLY hope they verified her transcripts though, when I saw those degrees I honestly called bullshit internally. The job pays well, but someone that qualified should be looking at high 6 figures/low 7 figures, not the $190k-$240k range I know they're offering for that job.
I got to interview people for the job I wanted, then they split the job into 2 parts, still got to interview the people for part 1, and part 2 we haven't started interviewing for, and I'm not sure I'm going to be invited to apply for it, even though I do that job for major projects, and am brought in anytime that expertise is needed.

I'm hoping reviews next month lead to it but I don't have my hopes up :hs:

• Support
Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I usually roll out of bed about 2 minutes before a daily standup :o

I'm lucky to be awake for 5 total minutes before Zoom fires up.
literally me.
Yeah, with my ADHD I can't do this.

I have a VERY strict morning routine that I go through each day starting at about 5:30am and I'll feel like shit the rest of the day if I skip even one part of it.

My daily standup isn't even till 8:30am, but in those three hours I'll do the dishes, sweep the house, play fetch with the dogs for half an hour before feeding them, do any laundry that needs doing, water my house plants on their schedules, make my wife her coffee/lunch for the day, fire up the two robot vacuums, and then take a shower and get dressed.

Way I look at it if everything else during the day goes wrong at least all that shit went right and I can feel like I accomplished something. :o

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Yeah, with my ADHD I can't do this.

I have a VERY strict morning routine that I go through each day starting at about 5:30am and I'll feel like shit the rest of the day if I skip even one part of it.

My daily standup isn't even till 8:30am, but in those three hours I'll do the dishes, sweep the house, play fetch with the dogs for half an hour before feeding them, do any laundry that needs doing, water my house plants on their schedules, make my wife her coffee/lunch for the day, fire up the two robot vacuums, and then take a shower and get dressed.

Way I look at it if everything else during the day goes wrong at least all that shit went right and I can feel like I accomplished something. :o
this is smart and I should do this :hmm:

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
except wake up at 530, I should get back to waking up at 715 and being online at 830 :mamoru:
I don't even need an alarm anymore :rofl:

I go to sleep at 1030ish and wake up at 450-515, PURE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM YO :tbow:

I actually feel worse if I try to sleep in these days, especially since I started working out and eating better.

Reactions: Tiny Dancer

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
I don't even need an alarm anymore :rofl:

I go to sleep at 1030ish and wake up at 450-515, PURE CIRCADIAN RHYTHM YO :tbow:

I actually feel worse if I try to sleep in these days, especially since I started working out and eating better.

dasnotenoughsleep.jpg

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
dasnotenoughsleep.jpg
I've talked with multiple doctors about it, the whole thing about people needing 8-10 hours of sleep a night is more of a guideline and what it really comes down to is a consistent amount of sleep and waking feeling rested.

I wake feeling rested, if I try to force myself to sleep longer than that I end up feeling sluggish throughout the day, which is the opposite of what I want. :o

James May

Jun 14, 2006
480 AZ
I've talked with multiple doctors about it, the whole thing about people needing 8-10 hours of sleep a night is more of a guideline and what it really comes down to is a consistent amount of sleep and waking feeling rested.

I wake feeling rested, if I try to force myself to sleep longer than that I end up feeling sluggish throughout the day, which is the opposite of what I want. :o

and the coffee and energy drinks? :hsugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman