WFH crew - bump this thread whenever you do something you couldn't do with an in-office job.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Yeah, with my ADHD I can't do this.

I have a VERY strict morning routine that I go through each day starting at about 5:30am and I'll feel like shit the rest of the day if I skip even one part of it.

My daily standup isn't even till 8:30am, but in those three hours I'll do the dishes, sweep the house, play fetch with the dogs for half an hour before feeding them, do any laundry that needs doing, water my house plants on their schedules, make my wife her coffee/lunch for the day, fire up the two robot vacuums, and then take a shower and get dressed.

Way I look at it if everything else during the day goes wrong at least all that shit went right and I can feel like I accomplished something. :o
I'm probably going to have to start doing something similar. Been looking at a new gym and all of the trainers only have openings at fuckyou o'clock.

The downside is I'm naturally a night owl, so if I shift the schedule then I'm ready to be in bed by 9 and asleep by 930, and waking up at 630 since around 8.5 hours is perfect for me if I'm working out.

If I'm not working out, I'll go into this weird 18 hour/8 hour patterns of awake/sleep being perfect...which doesn't exactly line up with the planet. So I'll start doing 6 hour sleeps and feel like shit and crash hard on Friday nights.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm probably going to have to start doing something similar. Been looking at a new gym and all of the trainers only have openings at fuckyou o'clock.

The downside is I'm naturally a night owl, so if I shift the schedule then I'm ready to be in bed by 9 and asleep by 930, and waking up at 630 since around 8.5 hours is perfect for me if I'm working out.

If I'm not working out, I'll go into this weird 18 hour/8 hour patterns of awake/sleep being perfect...which doesn't exactly line up with the planet. So I'll start doing 6 hour sleeps and feel like shit and crash hard on Friday nights.
that was my thing before I got my two puppies in 2020, it's them I actually blame for my sleep schedule over all, because when the sun would come up they'd want to be up.

Then I'd be up and just be sitting around doing nothing, then when I started treating my ADHD I found that I needed to fill that time with something and that's what started the routine.

I also forgot that I do 15 minutes on the rower in there, right before I take a shower.

Got my farthest distance ever on the highest resistance in that 15 minutes today, so I'm feeling proud of myself. :rofl:

1663900739887.png

• Love
Reactions: Scoob_13

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
that was my thing before I got my two puppies in 2020, it's them I actually blame for my sleep schedule over all, because when the sun would come up they'd want to be up.

Then I'd be up and just be sitting around doing nothing, then when I started treating my ADHD I found that I needed to fill that time with something and that's what started the routine.

I also forgot that I do 15 minutes on the rower in there, right before I take a shower.

Got my farthest distance ever on the highest resistance in that 15 minutes today, so I'm feeling proud of myself. :rofl:

View attachment 261641
Yeah, I :love: my Concept2, but I don't have anywhere to set it up at the time being.

My dogs get angry if I try to get them up before 9am :rofl:

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Yeah, I :love: my Concept2, but I don't have anywhere to set it up at the time being.

My dogs get angry if I try to get them up before 9am :rofl:
if I so much as twitch after 430am that signals to the dogs that it's GO TIME and if I don't get up they're going to jump on the bed and basically force the issue. :rofl:

I went with a compact water rower so that when I'm done I can just stand it on its end and stash it behind the door in my office. Makes it easy to set aside and get back out on the quick.

• Haha
Reactions: Scoob_13

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Hanging out with my brother that is in from Pennsylvania. Listening to music and chillin' since it's so slow today tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022