WFH crew - bump this thread whenever you do something you couldn't do with an in-office job.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Provide a follow up on this. Post pictures of your pissed off neighbor going off on code enforcement.
couldn't get one. But this bitch complained that my "engineered" 500 year storm mitigation plan for my yard "wasn't enough to prevent her yard from flooding" the zoning board told her that wasn't my problem. Then she still complained that it was going to change stormwater runoff, but forgot to mention "positively" and here she is increasing her property impervious without a permit, plans or zoning permission..

Worst part of it all, she's a god damned civil engineer.

Did I call her a fucking cunt yet?

• Sad
Reactions: Camaro3800

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
That's another great one.

Some of the things I cook need entire days worth of prep or cook time, especially if I'm smoking something, before that was like a weekend thing. Now I can just do that shit and not worry about it. :rofl:
Yep. Fire up the smoker around 10am and bam, pulled pork is ready at 6.

• Love
Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Yep. Fire up the smoker around 10am and bam, pulled pork is ready at 6.
I scratch made lasagna the other day including the noodles and sauce, the sauce alone had to simmer for a good 3 hours before it was ready to go in the pan with the noodles.

That's not some shit that I could have done on a week night after coming home from work. :rofl:

Downside is that I had to live with the whole house smelling amazing all day and me not being able to eat it the whole time. :wtcd:

• Support
Reactions: amill94 and Normie

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
i peeked out the blinds at some fy/pm looking landscaper and ignored his knocks at my door.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
WFH since march of 2020. I could single handedly add 5 pages to this thread. :rofl:
March 6th, 2020 here, only been back into the office to pick up packages and do the odd "team building event".

Also they let me take my chair home, which was nice since my Embody was on the way out and I had a Steelcase Gesture at the office. :rofl:

Reactions: Radicus

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
I always meant to ask you, how's your shoulder doing these days? I know you dislocated it pretty bad back in the day.
I have dislocated it like 3 times lol. I subluxed it in June stretching after waking up, causing a pinched nerve :rofl: I have terrible shoulder and neck pain frequently. But I see the chiro, workout often(or try to), and have better posture it mostly isn't a problem.

• Wow
Reactions: amalgamas

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I have dislocated it like 3 times lol. I subluxed it in June stretching after waking up :rofl: I have terrible shoulder and neck pain frequently. But I see the chiro, workout often(or try to), and have better posture it mostly isn't a problem.
:eek4: Damn, many more times and you'll catch up to my knee dislocations, last time was just from trying to kick my car keys into my hand across my car's floorboard around Feb of this year. One of the MANY things that told me it was time to get in shape. :rofl:

Glad that the chiro and workout's are helping out. :h5:

• Haha
Reactions: Phx Cobra

cASe SenSiTive

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime
Oct 24, 2001
Dangerously close to Detroit
Spent my day working on complex problems with no interruptions
:h5:

There's a bunch of work/life balance stuff that is great, but just the ability to not have anyone be able to walk by and interrupt my work is a great thing. Way too many distractions to deal with at the office when I just want to put my head down and bang out a project.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Attended meeting at my kid's school today :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mohamedali2022