WFH crew - bump this thread whenever you do something you couldn't do with an in-office job.

butta

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2006
NEW JERSEY
spent the day at my friend's pool and took work calls from the pool and his community's business center and then went and jumped in the pool lol

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Took a call while driving the kids to their Dr appts or practice. Saved so much PTO.

Downside, now I have too much PTO. Gotta use them or lose them at the end of the year.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
:h5:

There's a bunch of work/life balance stuff that is great, but just the ability to not have anyone be able to walk by and interrupt my work is a great thing. Way too many distractions to deal with at the office when I just want to put my head down and bang out a project.
one of my old work bros would go downstairs to get coffee like 10 times a day and alllllways stop by to get me to go with.

i didn't hate it but god damn that was a huge time waste.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
I go to the office most days. I get way more done in the empty office than I would at home. Too many distractions, especially my 7yo who has been raised with constant attention and doesn't know how to be by himself or play by himself. Woman has been melting down left and right over stupid shit this week too. Fuck being around her day in and day out

memyselfandi

OT Supporter
Dec 18, 2008
America's Hat
I go to the office most days. I get way more done in the empty office than I would at home. Too many distractions, especially my 7yo who has been raised with constant attention and doesn't know how to be by himself or play by himself. Woman has been melting down left and right over stupid shit this week too. Fuck being around her day in and day out

You'll gradually shift to working only from your quiet apartment after the divorce.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
:hsd:

One of my coworkers is in your same situation but slightly worse.

He was good for 2020 and 2021 but then his wife started going back into the office, when it was the two of them at home they could trade off dealing with the kids but when it was just him that didn't work out.

She wouldn't hear of putting them into daycare though, they were saving too much money and she'd gotten used to having that spending cash.

THEN when her sister caught wind of this she decided to start dropping her two kids off at his house to get out of paying for her own day care.

That lasted for about a week before he said "guess what honey, we're going back to the office 4 days a week now, looks like we'll need to get the little ones back into day care after all". :rofl:

I do wonder what'll happen if he gets found out on that lie, but honestly the whole situation sounds like a shit-show.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Got off at 5pm and was immediately home, didn't have to do a commute.

Reactions: amalgamas

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH

He was good for 2020 and 2021 but then his wife started going back into the office, when it was the two of them at home they could trade off dealing with the kids but when it was just him that didn't work out.

She wouldn't hear of putting them into daycare though, they were saving too much money and she'd gotten used to having that spending cash.

THEN when her sister caught wind of this she decided to start dropping her two kids off at his house to get out of paying for her own day care.

That lasted for about a week before he said "guess what honey, we're going back to the office 4 days a week now, looks like we'll need to get the little ones back into day care after all". :rofl:

I do wonder what'll happen if he gets found out on that lie, but honestly the whole situation sounds like a shit-show.
I'm sure his wife told her, yeah bring them by to play, he won't mind. They're always trying to volunteer you for bullshit

Reactions: tokyonights

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm sure his wife told her, yeah bring them by to play, he won't mind. They're always trying to volunteer you for bullshit
That's something my first wife would have done, my second wife would never do that shit, probably because her mom used to do that shit all the time to her as a child and she's literally and figuratively scarred for life from it. :o

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity

:bowrofl: what a bitch for even letting her entertain that idea, fuck that shit.

Reactions: amalgamas

chickenfcker

OT Supporter
Apr 22, 2005

This is how you get managers that loathe going home and make new hires stay in the office until 7pm every night :down:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022