WFH crew - bump this thread whenever you do something you couldn't do with an in-office job.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Guess the only thing I did today that I couldn't have done from the office is the same thing I do every day, played with my pups at lunch after the landscapers finished up.

They were not happy about having so many people in their yard and had to make sure everything was as it should be. :rofl:

Curegrrl

Sep 11, 2002
Raleigh, NC
How much for turf in your area?

I got quoted $7400 for a TINY patch :rofl: , thinking about going with a grass alternative like creeping red thyme or a more hardy clover. :o
Geez.
Still waiting on him to get back to me. We are looking at doing artificial turf around our pool and then some sod.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Geez.
Still waiting on him to get back to me. We are looking at doing artificial turf around our pool and then some sod.
I just priced it out and if I did Clover it would be like $500 :rofl2:

That's not even a fucking fight and the lawn would look like this:

1660844851227.png

and the clover never gets above 6" in height and can be mowed like normal and self-fertilizes.

WHY HAVE WE BEEN USING GRASS AND TURF FOR SO LONG?!

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
also takes less water iirc
And is more heat resistant.

I mean really, what is the fucking reason why we're so fixated on grass for our lawns?

Even wild grasses look better and don't require as much maintenance, creeping red thyme smells wonderful and once you get past the initial planting stage basically takes care of itself, and clover has all of the benefits of grass with almost none of the downsides.

I'm so confused. :rofl:

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
And is more heat resistant.

I mean really, what is the fucking reason why we're so fixated on grass for our lawns?

Even wild grasses look better and don't require as much maintenance, creeping red thyme smells wonderful and once you get past the initial planting stage basically takes care of itself, and clover has all of the benefits of grass with almost none of the downsides.

I'm so confused. :rofl:
B O O M E R S

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Just put in a load of laundry.
part of my morning routine is to do a load of laundry each morning and fold it after I finish with work.

Thanks to solar/battery I've go no reason to save dryer time for off-peak hours and cost of water is negligible on a single load. as long as I keep it up. :run:

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
Rode my bike to the local coffee shop and worked outside for a few hours. Back at home taking my morning coffee shit. I’m glad I didn’t poop myself on the ride home.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I just priced it out and if I did Clover it would be like $500 :rofl2:

That's not even a fucking fight and the lawn would look like this:

View attachment 249806

and the clover never gets above 6" in height and can be mowed like normal and self-fertilizes.

WHY HAVE WE BEEN USING GRASS AND TURF FOR SO LONG?!

I've REALLY been looking into doing clover OR going back to a sort of self-sustaining native / wild grass / flowers thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022