What’s the hotness in these internets based home security systems?

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
I’m done with ADT. Too many issues they can’t resolve properly.

What are you tech nerds using?

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Ring is the best. Same as the other ones except way cheaper and your $10 a month includes monitoring and cloud storage plan for cameras instead of just $25 a month for monitoring for SimplySafe.

Reactions: Type2

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
Simplisafe is the one I’m seeimg pushed on all my YouTube channels, probably sucks

Had it, it's fine, they're all basically fine, but it's $25 a month for monitoring vs $10 for ring, and the ring plan includes ring cameras/doorbell if you want to get them.

Reactions: couchlock

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Had it, it's fine, they're all basically fine, but it's $25 a month for monitoring vs $10 for ring, and the ring plan includes ring cameras/doorbell if you want to get them.
I don’t even pay for the monitoring, someone breaking in gonna catch that HEAT

Mikel

HOT TASTE!
May 17, 2000
I don’t even pay for the monitoring, someone breaking in gonna catch that HEAT

I pay for monitoring for when I'm not at home. When I am at home, I have an AR15 with two loaded 30 round mags in the closet by my bed.

I also live out in the suburbs with no crime :o

Reactions: Grape_Ape
TS
TS
Type2

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
I already have an outdoor camera system with DVR. I have Nest cameras inside house, there’s probably a simple solution here, but want alarm capabilities if I’m out of cell or internet range

Reactions: infinite97

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
I already have an outdoor camera system with DVR. I have Nest cameras inside house, there’s probably a simple solution here, but want alarm capabilities if I’m out of cell or internet range

There is a huge difference between security systems and surveillance systems. I’m not qualified to give recommendations but ring and those types of things are not security.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman