GAME What 3D games are actually coming out for the PS3?

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
I've had my TV for about 4 years, and I'm thinking of upgrading.
Initially I was like "fuck 3D, i'll just get a good 2D set"
but apparently all the sets with the best picture also are 3D.

I could wait another year or more for glasses-free 3D, but I doubt there'll be that much more 3D content even then.

I know GT5 has 3D. What else?

TS
TS
gui3

gui3

May 6, 2000
go to PS store,
look under '3D'
????
Profit

Right.

On the SonyStyle store, they list:

GT5
Killzone 3
The Fight
Eyepet
The Sly Collection.

This is such classic Sony. Build great hardware, don't bother with the software. During last night's game they had all these commercials about their 3DTVs....why don't they have 40 fucking games coming out?

Chitown B

Oct 13, 2008
chicago, il
3D is a check box now. In another year all TVs will offer it. Doesn't mean you have to use it, but they'll have the option.

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
well any new gen TV will look better than the previous gen. Though my Pioneer can still run with the big dogs :bigthumb:

at least for the next year or two.
Not only that...but when games are played in 3D...it removes most jaggies in video games. It's like instant max AA. It's pretty incredible. With non-3D games, what you see is what you get. But in 3D with the 2 images overlaid, your eyes naturally fill in the blanks and what you get is perfectly smooth images.

TS
TS
gui3

gui3

May 6, 2000
Not only that...but when games are played in 3D...it removes most jaggies in video games. It's like instant max AA. It's pretty incredible. With non-3D games, what you see is what you get. But in 3D with the 2 images overlaid, your eyes naturally fill in the blanks and what you get is perfectly smooth images.

That is very interesting.

I noticed that at CES a lot of no-glasses 3D sets are promised, but I can't imagine thatll be available, affordable, or mature anytime soon.

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
That is very interesting.

I noticed that at CES a lot of no-glasses 3D sets are promised, but I can't imagine thatll be available, affordable, or mature anytime soon.
No doubt...I mentioned earlier in another thread that they showed one almost 3 years ago at CES...shows you how far along it's coming.

The only thing promising is the passive 3D tv by Vizio where you can use the cheapo-glasses from the movie theatre. I'd say that might be the best solution.

TS
TS
gui3

gui3

May 6, 2000
the problem with passive or no-glasses 3D is the coating is on the TV instead of the glasses, so it dims the picture.

yea, i've heard about the dimming. almost makes the glasses a feature - you don't have to live with the dimming all the time.

Schnei

OT Supporter
Feb 22, 2010
I've played GT5 in 3D. The game gets kind of stuttering and for such a good looking game it's not worth it for 3D. Awesome games in 3D include Wipeout HD and actually some 4 wheeling one. I forget the name of it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan